5 of Swords as ROMANTIC feelings - HELP please!

Nalini

Hello forum,

As the veterans keep saying that a card can't have a single meaning. So, does anyone see anything romantic in the 5 of Swords (RWS) tarot card? I mean when there is affection and mutual liking within a relationship. There has been no fight or altercation? What could possibly mean? I'm at loss and would really appreciate some inputs.

Thanks,
N

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretation?

We know you're at a loss, Nalini, but as this is clearly from a reading, our rules require that you take a guess at what the card means before anyone else can offer their thoughts. What do you think it means in the context of your reading?

Nalini

Thirteen

Thirteen,

The 5 of Swords has shown up every time for the readings I've done about A's (guy) feelings for B (gal). The combinations vary but this card shows up either on the main spread or in the shadow position. So, I got very interested to learn the meaning of this card in the said context. You might ask as to why I have been reading repetitively on the same subject? Blame it on this card, since I have not been able to figure out did the second reading and the third...

Could it be that he feels someone else other than him might come along and defeat him in winning her affections?

Dangala

His feelings for her - 5 of swords.. Could he be feeling a little jealous ?

Nalini

Dangala

His feelings for her - 5 of swords.. Could he be feeling a little jealous ?

Dangala,

Thanks for your input. Do you mean to say that he might be feeling jealous of her or jealous that of the fact that others might be pursuing her romantically too?

Thirteen

Often in the 5/Swords the "losers" of the swords feel humiliated. He might be feel emasculated by her. Especially if she's witty and conversational and he's not. Swords are about being smart and clever and chatty. So she'd be the one taking swords away from him. As you see the guy in the card doing from his rivals. He might feel like he's in some sort of battle of wits with her that he's losing.

Nalini

Thirteen

Often in the 5/Swords the "losers" of the swords feel humiliated. He might be feel emasculated by her. Especially if she's witty and conversational and he's not. Swords are about being smart and clever and chatty. So she'd be the one taking swords away from him. As you see the guy in the card doing from his rivals. He might feel like he's in some sort of battle of wits with her that he's losing.

Thirteen,

Thanks a ton for your interpretation (like very many on this forum, I'm also your die hard fan). I had searched the forum and have read something similar you had mentioned about this card in another thread. Thing is she adores him and expresses as much through words (verbal and writing as this is long distance). So, why he would feel belittled by her?! Also he says that he feels a special and deep connection with her.

However, she is chatty and clever.

Dangala

Dangala,

Thanks for your input. Do you mean to say that he might be feeling jealous of her or jealous that of the fact that others might be pursuing her romantically too?

Jealous in general. Maybe he feels she is better than him in some areas.

Nalini

Dangala

Jealous in general. Maybe he feels she is better than him in some areas.

I'm not sure, perhaps you are correct. They are pretty much at par professionally and education wise. Well established in life too. Only thing that she has which he doesn't is the family support system.

Dangala

Are they in a relationship ? Or are they platonic friends ?