5 of Coins as What should be done ?

samantha

This card came up in the What should be done position of a larger spread . I used Kat's Golden Tarot.

I came up with the following :

* Make careful choices/decisions so you don't end up *without* in some way (esp. In regard to material resources ?)
* Asks for help/guidance ?
* Stick with/acknowledge your partner in this situation
* Take care of your health

Any other - or better ! - ideas welcome.

starrystarrynight

Maybe it's saying you should look at the situation in a more traditionally-, spiritually- accepted way--or accept the help of others in the situation.

The two people in the RWS card are weathering the storm outside the church alone, when if they went inside instead, things would likely be warmer and easier for them.

Lucille

Stick with it/by them. If need be, don't be too prideful that you'd refuse very wise advice. You don't have to have an us against them attitude or you do (not sure).

But with the 6 of Pentacles following, it could mean you need to be humble and accept your situation for what it is and that someone is there waiting to help you.

PeonyInLove

Weather the storm, ride it out. Know that peace is on its way. Don't let bewilderment, disquiet, denial and or any kind of renunciation (that has the potential to hurt your pride) overpower your ability to know that any obstacles can and will be overcome and it's ok to take any help or advice that's offered to you...

bluelagune

Accept the situation.
Let him learn his lessons.
Do not surrender but hold your head high. "Suck it up".
Join someone for a pity party.

The HP

Accept the situation.

Let him learn his lessons.

Do not surrender but hold your head high. "Suck it up".

Join someone for a pity party.

Or just plain suck it as this is one of those deals where you are the "shoulder to cry on" when the spouse is out of town, he/she goes running to you when #1) there is an argument and/or #2) on business, traveling. The Rebound friend w/benefits.

danieljuk

5 of Coins - what should be done?

Hi Sam :) I would say that you should not face something alone and isolated, you should find support and help to deal with a problem. In some versions of this card they really emphasise the couple together, whatever happens there is someone there with you. Also the connotation of a church window behind for support.

I looked up the actual Golden Tarot card image and it shows the couple in a church building, the guy is really wearing rags for clothes. They are inside before a scene in a church. I still think you need to find support and help with whatever the reading is about. Don't do this alone. I also wonder if this could be about some spirituality, go to a spiritual place or something which fulfils that area (not exactly religious but maybe something which is important to you). Maybe a group of like minded people. Just some ideas :)

samantha

Maybe it's saying you should look at the situation in a more traditionally-, spiritually- accepted way--or accept the help of others in the situation.

That's a good point. Bringing it back to the Hierophant and the *right* way of doing things - responsible (esp. as there are others involved)

samantha

Stick with it/by them. If need be, don't be too prideful that you'd refuse very wise advice. You don't have to have an us against them attitude or you do (not sure).

I can relate to the need not to feel *on ones own* in this card certainly.

samantha

Weather the storm, ride it out. Know that peace is on its way. Don't let bewilderment, disquiet, denial and or any kind of renunciation (that has the potential to hurt your pride) overpower your ability to know that any obstacles can and will be overcome and it's ok to take any help or advice that's offered to you...

Apart from your last point about help, I admit I've never quite seen this card in that light. I usually see 5's as difficulties that may or may not be overcome - for me there is no promise of a happy resolution in the cards themselves.