Advice on Yes/No questions - New User the Lenormand...

empresslove

I asked the Lenormand two questions.

1. Will I marry him. The Bouquet, The Clover, The House...
2. Will he and I be sexually intimate in the future? The Ring, The Dog, The Key...

I think the answers to both questions are "yes" answers. But after watching some youtube videos on the Lenormand I am unsure b/c I cannot believe how positive the responses are (I am a little bit of a pessimist aka debbie downer)... The Skeptic side of me feels the responses are too good to be true... Like the Bouquet is BIG luck, the Clover is Little luck, and The House is family/stability ... But I read online that the House is a neutral card but my deck says it's positive. So all three cards are positive based on my deck's info. The same positivity denoted for the 2nd question, all cards for the 2nd question about the same man were positive cards... I would interpret it has a yes, perhaps we'll be in a committed loyal relationship in the future and yes we'll be intimate.... Do you think I am on to something or my interpretation is way off?

BTW: The man is my ex (haha) who I still love and we have a child together... And we are finally getting along very well... even though he's in a new relationship with someone (sad face)...

Shade

The method I use looks at how many positive or negative cards were in a spread:

Your first reading: 3 positive cards
Your Second reading: 3 Positive cards

I usually use five cards for yes/no rather than 3 but you have overwhelmingly positive results based on your two readings.

Barleywine

I'm reluctant to touch anything related to "ex" situations, but the one thing that seems clear to me is that the Dog is more about friendship than outright sexual relations; I would see the Whip or the Lilies as more evocative of that. The first line looks more like an invitation to try "living together" than a long-term commitment (the Clover, while optimistic, is a bit tenuous and transitory). Personally, I don't see a definite "Yes" in either one, although the cards are certainly positive.

snowmoon

2. Will he and I be sexually intimate in the future? The Ring, The Dog, The Key...

hi, i would read it as

1. maybe yes, perhaps you need to limit the timing. clover, as an opportunity,

2. ring, the dog with the key, well, i would say no. you guys will still be friends.

empresslove

THANK YOU !!!!

Thank you Shade. Thank you Barleywine, Thank you snowmoon!

I saw the dog as in he'd be a loyal companion to me but I see what you mean as in he'd be a friend. I'm so excited about learning the Lenormand... I'm testing out the divination yes/no technique by experimenting with simple questions ....and seeing if it predicted accurately.

Based on your personal experiences how accurate do you think the Yes/NO divination with the Lenormand is?

I did a spread on his current relationship and asked if they would get married and they got The Bouquet, The Ring and The Key... That's a clear yes to me... Especially with the Ring as a commitment… But I find it odd b/c if we are going by positive cards then he's also marrying me too?

I'm interested in the 5 card spread system, why 5 cards as opposed to 3? I was following a nice technique by Donna Leigh where she pulls three cards and counts the positive as yes and negative as no's.

The method I use looks at how many positive or negative cards were in a spread:

Your first reading: 3 positive cards
Your Second reading: 3 Positive cards

I usually use five cards for yes/no rather than 3 but you have overwhelmingly positive results based on your two readings.

I'm reluctant to touch anything related to "ex" situations, but the one thing that seems clear to me is that the Dog is more about friendship than outright sexual relations; I would see the Whip or the Lilies as more evocative of that. The first line looks more like an invitation to try "living together" than a long-term commitment (the Clover, while optimistic, is a bit tenuous and transitory). Personally, I don't see a definite "Yes" in either one, although the cards are certainly positive.

hi, i would read it as

1. maybe yes, perhaps you need to limit the timing. clover, as an opportunity,

2. ring, the dog with the key, well, i would say no. you guys will still be friends.

Barleywine

Based on your personal experiences how accurate do you think the Yes/NO divination with the Lenormand is?

I think positive and negative cards set the stage for a "yes" or "no" answer, but the card meanings and their proximity to other positive or negative cards have to be factored in as well. Andy Boroveshengra uses a five-tier categorization (positive, positive/neutral, neutral, neutral/negative and negative) that allows for more precise shading of the answer toward one side or the other. In your case, the series are Positive-Positive-Positive/Neutral and Neutral-Positive/Neutral and Positive. Taken as progressions, the first series trends slightly downward and the second one slightly upward. He may want to sleep with you but would probably hedge on a commitment.

Shade

Personally, I don't see a definite "Yes" in either one, although the cards are certainly positive.

The Key in the second line didn't stand out as a yes?

Barleywine

The Key in the second line didn't stand out as a yes?

I was taking the Dog as the focus card of the three, so the Key would say "yes" to a firm friendship, not necessarily "yes" to sex.

empresslove

Donna Leigh takes the last card as the defining card..... But I think your approach is the logical one, the center card would be the focal point. I'm going to google Andy Boroveshengra's technique!

I did a yes/no spread yesterday "will he call me tomorrow" and I forget the cards that came out but I remember I pulled three cards and two were positive and one was either negative or neutral so I summarized "yes" ,,,, and he just freaking called me today after he and I agreed yesterday that he'd call me on Thursday (not today) which is why I asked the question b/c I swore he wouldn't call... idk... hmmmm... again, I'm a skeptic so I'm experimenting with the new deck and asking it simple questions to see if what's predicted is accurate....

I think positive and negative cards set the stage for a "yes" or "no" answer, but the card meanings and their proximity to other positive or negative cards have to be factored in as well. Andy Boroveshengra uses a five-tier categorization (positive, positive/neutral, neutral, neutral/negative and negative) that allows for more precise shading of the answer toward one side or the other. In your case, the series are Positive-Positive-Positive/Neutral and Neutral-Positive/Neutral and Positive. Taken as progressions, the first series trends slightly downward and the second one slightly upward. He may want to sleep with you but would probably hedge on a commitment.

I was taking the Dog as the focus card of the three, so the Key would say "yes" to a firm friendship, not necessarily "yes" to sex.

Shade

So for you the answer would be no unless an overtly sexual card appeared in the spread? That only leaves whip, some would say lilies and heart doesn't it?