Sun and Moon Tarot

BeyondtheVeil

Hi Guys!

I have been thinking about buying the Sun and Moon Tarot Deck. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/sun-moon/

What can you guys tell me about it?

What type of readings have you gotten from it? Blunt, round the bush, upbeat, negative, etc. I know we read all of those, but what is the general "feel" of the deck. To me, it looks like it would be a good workhorse deck to read lots of situations. From blunt, to upbeat, etc.

How is the card stock? I'm wanting the regular sized Tarot Deck not the one in the tin. I always rehome to silky Tarot Bags or adorable make up bags, so the tin isn't needed for me. It is adorable though.

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences with the Sun and Moon Tarot Deck!

Brightest Blessings!
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Anyone? Is this a good reading deck?

nisaba

I've only just got it, but the tinned version.

I haven't worked with it much so I don't know - most of my decks do very good readings, even the decks I dislike. The tinned cardstock is fabulous, and shuffles really well.

I like the artwork, but I can't really answer your questions yet.

BeyondtheVeil

Nisaba

I've only just got it, but the tinned version.

I haven't worked with it much so I don't know - most of my decks do very good readings, even the decks I dislike. The tinned cardstock is fabulous, and shuffles really well.

I like the artwork, but I can't really answer your questions yet.

Thanks for responding love! :heart:

I'm glad that you like the cardstock on the tin version. I was thinking of getting that one, but someone said it was smaller than the regular sized deck. Is the tin version smaller? Like pocket size? Or not really?

I would love to hear what you think of the deck when you have had time to use it. I'm thinking I want it, but I'm trying to wait to see what others think. I've gotten bitten by the Tarot Bug lately. lol I guess it is to make up for not buying decks in some years. lol

Thanks again for your help! {{HUGS}}
BeyondtheVeil

Tobe

I got it, but can't really read it in the "intuition level"
I can read it by the meanings and make sense with it.
Some cards are really lacking the emotions and actions that help me with reading.
Colors and artwork are cute and great, but I just feel like these cards carry less weight in meanings and lessons when compare to others like original RWS, or Thoth, just can't really connect.
It's a great deck to have in your collection, but depends on your feeling in the end.

Trade it off with my friend for the New Vision Tarot deck.

aquestionmark

The creator of the deck is working an a graphic version of the deck. They have pictures of it on instagram. Their username is @decortness.. I quite like the stripped down version so far!

Citrin

I've worked with it on and off for about two years I think. I also find it to be a good workhorse deck! Very varied, fits many questions and situations, and feels all around easy to work with.

I've always found it a bit confusing that it is Thoth based though... I mean, no offence, but is it really? I am not a Thoth girl so to speak, haven't worked with it for 10 years now lol but to me Thoth minors = non-scenic. And the Sun & Moon for sure has scenic minors...?

But for me, big RWS fan, it reads beautifully. It might not have the "mystical" and "deep" vibe of some other decks, but it does have its own unique voice. :)

Citrin

The creator of the deck is working an a graphic version of the deck. They have pictures of it on instagram. Their username is @decortness.. I quite like the stripped down version so far!

Thank you for showing this!! :) Wow! I love it!

page of ghosts

I have this deck but haven't worked very much with it unfortunately! The cardstock is of the kind I personally think is nice and thick that I still can riffle shuffle with a little effort, but bear in mind that I'm not super picky on my cardstock. It's comparable to other decks in my collection from US Game Systems, like The Original Rider Waite, Dreaming Way, Halloween Tarot.

I did do a 6-card interview spread with it, but I think I might want to do another since I didn't shuffle it too well and there were a lot of pentacles, several courts if I'm not mistaken. But I have used it a little bit and the cards I pulled has made me think about things, so maybe it's not that bad with introspective readings?