Looking for artist

Padma

Oh, but Canid, there are *so* many decks out there. I don't want to be another flavour of the month artist...no thanks, I will just stick with my commissions ;) But thanks for the encouragement, all the same!

I just thought the OP's idea was interesting. :)

shadowdancer

I agree with the points raised so far. The amount of work involved for an artist is immense, regardless of the medium involved. IMMENSE.

Can I also add another thought to the mix - one that may prevent heartache in the future??

Only sign up if you are 100% that a) you want to / can work with the other party. b) you are likely to be singing from the same hymn sheet c) you are 100% sure you can commit for the entire ride.

I had an artist who was in line with a) & b) for my deck. Alas, c) did not apply and I was left feeling more than saddened when I saw what could have been a lovely deck consigned to being only 25% done. I sometimes wonder if it would have been better to not start it at all, rather than leave me hanging in that way. Albeit I understand he may have had good reason for bailing. I took on the mantle of the accompanying book which I do sometimes look over. (Combined accompanying book and workbook). The copyright date showed I actually started the project in 2004. So another thing to consider - it may take years before the project is destined to be completed. It requires so many factors to all fall in line at the same time, so be prepared to be very, very patient - especially if you are reliant on another person becoming involved in the venture.

I guess I am trying to say this: Be honest with yourself and the other party when asking the question: "Can I really follow through with this, taking into account the amount of time, blood, sweat etc that will be asked of me?" If there is less than 100% certainty? May be pertinent to bow out sooner rather than later, or not promise to be part of the undertaking.