Ideas for a Devil card?

Pythagoras 1/10

Most of the traditional tarot iconography has stayed surprisingly relevant to today's world. In few cases can you think of anything better by a great degree. The exceptions to this would be the heavily christian inspired cards (devil, judgment ect). So do have a better idea for these cards?

For the devil I would probably go for a handsome man in a shining suit of armor with a forked tongue leading a an army into an especially bloody battle. For me this would represent humanity's lowest emotions whic can lead one astray; anger, greed and fear. But also the lurid appeal of those very same aspects. At the end of the day you could choose to ignore them, but you choose not too.

So, does this fit with your interpetation and do you have any of your own?

Rhapsodin

I note you're from the UK. My devil card would feature an ex-prime minister. A manifestation of all I find evil. In fact he did what you suggested while hiding behind a shrub, if you see to what I'm alluding. He sold the entirety of an electorate he was supposed to represent out for personal gain and power.

Alta

I would go for something cultish. One of those people with huge charisma who pull people along with them while their ideas are essentially harmful and damaging to both their followers and to others affected.

EmpressSha

I note you're from the UK. My devil card would feature an ex-prime minister. A manifestation of all I find evil. In fact he did what you suggested while hiding behind a shrub, if you see to what I'm alluding. He sold the entirety of an electorate he was supposed to represent out for personal gain and power.

This is a fabulous idea!

It would depend on the sort of imagery you want in your deck I suppose but I would be inclined to include somebody who has fully indulged in that which the Devil represents... I'm thinking an obese person chained to a bed surrounded with empty booze bottles and fast food wrappers, although this would be a very modern interpretation of the Devil!

Luna-Ocean

I like to see more modern takes on the majors other then the typical devil in the RW, i think this card should focus on the greed aspects of the card as well, i think using a prime minister especially like the one we have in power right now? although this concept has been used in another modern deck that is listed called the ''electronic republican Tarot.

RavenDarkWind

I'm worried this may sound too comical, or conversely too dark, but here goes. I see the Devil as sort of a pimp. Sunglasses covering the eyes could help reduce any humanity, and a fur robe could suggest the hairiness of the older Devil cards. The robe could be torn and bloody for violence, and the pimp could be holding a cup sloshing wine. Eberle's controversial White Slave could be a good source of inspiration.

ShinyAeon

I would go for something cultish. One of those people with huge charisma who pull people along with them while their ideas are essentially harmful and damaging to both their followers and to others affected.

Whoa. This made me think of something really wild/shocking/extreme: The Devil card as Charles Manson.