For the Curious... a peek at the Masquerade Atendees

MoonGypsy

This is one deck where I would totally not support that option, actually. The cards as they stand are WAY above print-on-demand quality. A PRINTER Chronata was able to control would be something else - though not as special as hand-made - but NOT print on demand. These are lovely heavy laminated stock with totally centred backs - really special.

Not to mention that Chronata would then have to buy them back to make the boxes and sell on...

You expressed my feelings exactly, gregory! This set is very, very extra special; not a prospect for print-on-demand. This set is really indescribable in its artistic creative beauty and spirit--something that has to be seen and held to totally appreciate...So incredibly magickal!

MoonGypsy

Introducing the incomparably beautiful "Carnivale- daughter of the carnival, one of the Three" [#50]

Alta

I see you still have the pic I took of Arris, but I can photograph the box and insides. This is the first time I have realized that the boxes themselves are different. Mine is like a wooden book slipcase. I'll take some pics when it gets brighter out.

gregory

Chronata - do you want the insides too ? Do say.... (mine is a hinged box.)

Alta

Okay, with much messing around, here are my better shots.

Attachments

• Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Lord Arris.jpg
    Lord Arris.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 101
  • closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 100

Chronata

THANK YOU!!!! I really love these extra photos...I am downloading them into new files, because it looks like my old computer won't give them up (sob!)

You guys are all so much better photographers than I am!

The first 7 (the planets) were the book style boxes(except for 2, which was a slide box)...the bulk of the middle sets were all the hinged type rectangle boxes, and number 50 was a unique rounded one.

And Annabelle...YES! I would LOVE a pic of yours...because I never ever had a good one! And you have one of my personal favorites!

edit to add...I don't really need the insides...but if you took the pic...That would be awesome! Most have the same saying in the cover...a couple of them are different.
I wish I remembered what they were!

gregory

edit to add...I don't really need the insides...but if you took the pic...That would be awesome! Most have the same saying in the cover...a couple of them are different.
I wish I remembered what they were!
Sure - but tomorrow then. It's dark, and it would be better in daylight than using flash.

gregory

Oh dear. I TOOK them "tomorrow"....

Here you go. The XERO box.

Attachments

• Whole box.jpg
    Whole box.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 110
  • open box.jpg
    open box.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 103
  • inner box.jpg
    inner box.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 102

Chronata

Pics of the Mini Masquerade tins... (the tiny sets of the "Quarter to Midnight Masquerades")

These two are spoken for, but I needed to put the pics somewhere...

Lysette Clockwork Automagirl
and Beni the Errol of Squirrel

Attachments

• mmm lysette clockwork.jpg
    mmm lysette clockwork.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 104
  • mmm beni squirrel.jpg
    mmm beni squirrel.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 104

Little Hare

I don't know if I will ever get to the next 50 or not.
They are so much work...it takes about a week's worth of hours to make ONE deck and box, so I would have to have a pretty clear schedule, or really find a way to make them easier.
That's why they sold for $100 each.

I am really hoping someday....

If they take that long to make, you need to charge more for them! Gorgeous work as always