Tarot on Torchwood - Wow

enchantedmoon3

Another American Torchwood & Dr Who fan!
I get a kick out of the "racy" Capt Jack scenes ~ seems the US isnt as liberal as they like to think when it comes to that (unless it is supermodel type women) and I am all for open mindedness.

The meat episode really disturbed me ~ another reminder of the reality of humanity :(

Alissa

Happened to catch about 10 minutes of the show for the first time last night, and lo and behold I saw the little girl reading Tarot. I thought it was really cool... she seemed like a good reader. :D

Might have to set the DVR to record it and see if I can get into the show - it'd be nice to find something genuinely entertaining on TV.

philebus

The tarot reader turned up again in last night's episode - in Victorian England, which is probably a bit of an anachronism. Still, it was one of the better episodes (this series is certainly an improvement on the first) telling the back stories to the main character's.

silverwings94

Hi Satori,
Your not the only American that watches Torchwood. We watch Torchwood every weekend. Plus we have been huge fans of Doctor Who since it first came on. We use to go to the Sci-Fi conventions years ago. We even got to meet The Brigidier who was on many of the episodes with Tom Baker.
I hope that they continue making more of both of these shows they are awesome.
:heart:
S

Satori said:
I love Torchwood!
I must be the only American I know ~ahem~ that watches this!! I keep asking people...do you watch Torchwood...and well no one has even heard of it.

Course my two little girls like it...until Captain Jack starts making out with some guy and they look at me and laugh and say...why did he do that Mumma????

Crikey!

Satori

silverwings94 said:
Hi Satori,
Your not the only American that watches Torchwood. We watch Torchwood every weekend. Plus we have been huge fans of Doctor Who since it first came on. We use to go to the Sci-Fi conventions years ago. We even got to meet The Brigidier who was on many of the episodes with Tom Baker.
I hope that they continue making more of both of these shows they are awesome.
:heart:
S
I mean around here, local like. No one has even heard of the show in my general area. Note the ~ahem~, indicating my teasing tone.....must have missed that, eh?

Lillie

philebus said:
The tarot reader turned up again in last night's episode - in Victorian England, which is probably a bit of an anachronism. Still, it was one of the better episodes (this series is certainly an improvement on the first) telling the back stories to the main character's.

Yeah.

I seen that.

And she is exactly the same as she was in the modern day episode.

So what's the crack with that????
Some immortal little tarot reading girl????
We need to know!

Same cards again, like no deck that would ever have existed in Victorian times, nice though, nice backs.
Couldn't recognise it.

Did anyone recognise it or was it made up in a BBC props dept?

Teheuti

Lillie said:

You can see the images in post #16. It's not a published deck, hey, Captain Jack's on it, though it draws from existing deck images. I'm willing to bet it's a collage deck done on the computer just for the show.

Lillie

Yeah, Captain Jack is in the deck, but I always think of something I have seen on TV (very old thing, sort of hammer horror type story) where they used the Thoth deck, but changed a couple of cards and stuck the faces of the actors onto some of the courts....

It was funny.

Dean

Lillie said:
Same cards again, like no deck that would ever have existed in Victorian times, nice though, nice backs.
Couldn't recognise it.

Yeah i thought those cards looked very familiar but alas it was another BBC prop, i remember those very old Dr Who show's with those wobbly monster's you couldn't help but laugh, but at least this Tarot prop was actually quite good.:)

Lillie

I loved it when I was a kid!

I was totally convinced, rubber monster masks and everything!