New LS deck by Lucia Mattioli

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Hurrah for Scarabeo´s innovation in tarot decks; not just repeating the same old safe formulas that some other publishers do. I applaud Scarabeo for their attempts to take tarot forward...
Amen to that !

Sidhe-Ra

That looks like the best mass-market faery deck I've seen since Brian Froud's Faery Oracle, and I will be snapping it up as soon as it comes out! Stonkingly beautiful- with an edge :)

Thank you, Ric, for the mention, that is lovely of you!

Em x

thorhammer

I would have bought it simply because I can't get enough of her artwork, but the two-sided thing (possible) sold it for me. How awesome! I love to get jiggy with the Secret Forest's double sides; it really adds a layer of meaning for me. I was looking at those images and noticed the definite two sides to each one, and wondered about that, but the thread has cleared that up. I think it will be wonderful if it's published with the two sides.

\m/ Kat

poivre

Thanks for the thread &
Love the artwork!

ros
:)

SphinYote

I like this. A lot.

Experimental decks are always interesting. I like the Secret Forest Deck, don't use it for reading, but occasionally contemplation yes. These seem to me the more meditative, contemplative types, for pathworking and imagination. I have my Morgan Greer for readings, Haindl does well for both reading and contemplation.

This (as the imagery works looking at it here) might be more limited in use, but more powerful for the uses its put to.

We'll see. I'd buy this one for the art alone.

Yote

Sar

So when is it out?

greenbeans

Sar, I think its due 2010.

I for one am looking forward to it (I don't mind waiting though- especially as I'm broke). Love the scans- it looks just as intriguing and atmospheric as the Secret Forest. I still don't get the concept but I suppose finding out is half the fun.

Purrfect

I am going to keep an eye out for this deck when it's printed, I think it would make a good companion deck to the Froud Oracle.
You could always compare readings with the two decks.
I like it already!

greenbeans

Just what I was planning Purrfect- I already use Froud in conjunction with the Secret Forest at times- the Fae get on very well in that earthy, ramshackle playground of mysteries!

2_Journey

I've thought more about this deck since originally dismissing it for being "not traditional enough." Ric, your response was both helpful and eye opening. I realize now that I was too quick to dismiss this deck, and have learned from the experience.

I realized lately that my tarot practice had become too entrenched in old ways of thinking (at least for me), and I've been enjoying using the cards in new and adventurous ways. The more I work with non-traditional decks, the more enjoyment I get out of tarot, and the more I learn about myself and the cards. Experimentation has been so much fun! It's been great!

This deck is now on my mental radar for 2010, and the Secret Forest is on my wishlist. I may end up buying the Secret Forest early to tide me over.

Color me converted! :)