Templar Tarot Study group discussion thread

contrascarpe

I was drawn to this deck in a strange way as well. I guess somehow subconsciously I was aware of its existence (SongDeva had mentioned it during one of our gatherings) but for some reason I never equated it when I first laid my eyes on it.

I walked into a metaphysical shop in Vermont with the hopes of finding something different. They had a great selection, but alot of the "same ol, same ol". Just before I was ready to leave, I saw this deck (and an opened sample) on the top shelf, conspicuously out of alphabetical order. I picked it up and dismissed it because of its theme (I had a brain poop and forgot the legend of the Knights of the Templar, and equated this deck as a Catholic deck - disclaimer: not a knock against Catholics, technically I am still one). So I put it down but didn't leave. I came back to it on four occasions before finally buying it.

This deck really is beautifully illustrated. Plus the imagery is outstanding. I found myself looking through it again last evening.

If anyone wants to discuss this deck further, I would love to participate. Something tells me it will make my favorite decks list.

Dan

Myrrha

Anyone interested in reviving this group?

This deck raises so many questions!

--Myrrha

DaMuse

Please keep me posted if you are interested in a discussion with this deck. I am close with the artist and would be happy to share with the group and pass on questions to Allen if there are ever requests. (Not that I always get answers, mind you - sometimes only more questions. Just like those Templar rascals!)

Myrrha

Hi DaMuse,

The first burning question is, when will the expanded book come out? Or have those plans been scrapped? Even an e-book would be appreciated. They are not terribly difficult to produce but I guess setting up a website to sell it might be a little harder.

Also, is there going to be a follow-up deck? The newer pictures on the artists site are just amazing.

thank you!
--Myrrha

Wendywu

Anyone want to join me here - I'm gonna get so lonely all on my own :(

I shall post anyway, starting with the Majors.

rwcarter

I came this close to using this deck for the Intensive Deck Study (IDS), but it ended up coming in second place. I've moved on to a different deck, but as one who has completed the study of a deck all by himself, I'm here to tell you it can be done. And instead of thinking about how deafening the silence is here by yourself, think about the legacy you're leaving behind for someone else who's curious about this deck at some point in the future.

:thumbsup:

Rodney

Wendywu

Thanks for the encouragement - I shall make a start and keep going regardless - I think this deck is hugely rewarding- not necessarily sweet, comforting or nice but it says what is true and is totally uncompromising. I love it, and it's just what I need. Thanks again for the spur :D

Wendywu

I approach this deck as a pagan qabalist, not as a Christian. I expected to find some problems because of what appears to be overt Christian symbolism which has no great relevance for me. However, coming to the deck from my particular viewpoint and seeing Christ as one of the Enlightened Ones, sacrificed as so many of the enlightened of all faiths have been, has meant that this deck h been able to take on enormous and unexpected significance for me.

However, I don't want to offend anyone of the Christian faith who might come to the Templar threads expecting to find discussion of a Christian deck.

I am writing from my own viewpoint, which as I say is that of a pagan qabalist, and I apologise for all any any offence caused.

Hemera

Wendywu said:
I approach this deck as a pagan qabalist, not as a Christian. I expected to find some problems because of what appears to be overt Christian symbolism which has no great relevance for me. However, coming to the deck from my particular viewpoint and seeing Christ as one of the Enlightened Ones, sacrificed as so many of the enlightened of all faiths have been, has meant that this deck h been able to take on enormous and unexpected significance for me.

However, I don't want to offend anyone of the Christian faith who might come to the Templar threads expecting to find discussion of a Christian deck.

I am writing from my own viewpoint, which as I say is that of a pagan qabalist, and I apologise for all any any offence caused.

I was very interested in hearing this because as a pagan I have been wondering if I should let this deck go to someone else. I like the artwork and I like the deep symbolism but I have been wondering about the Christianity of this deck. I have had this deck for years but I have not used it much.
I´ll be very interested in reading your thoughts about the cards and I´m happy you have started the group :thumbsup:

Templar

Templar Tarot

The follow up deck is here,,,,Thank you