Vampire Tarot(Place) Shipping?

mary ventura

Yes I cut 10 of the Vampire cards at once. If I'm cutting normal paper (I make journals) I cut about 15-20 pages at a time. The blade is steel and very sharp.

I bought it online from Lamination Depot. The model is Diamond-1. You can get different blades for it (different angles, etc). I use the 1/8 inch blade.

Mods, if I'm not supposed to name companies, just take that part out ... I don't work for Lamination Depot :laugh:

Mary V

Astraea

Thank you so much for that information, Mary!

nicky

still waitinggggggggggg

Asher

Me too

I'm still waiting as well...my package disappeared from the tracking radar at 2:21 pm on the 24th when it left Illinois...curious where it might be now. ETA is the 29th, so keeping my fingers crossed, but with UPS it's hard to know (although they have been more reliable in my area recently).

Also thinking how I'm going to round those corners...I've gotten good and fast with my craft corner rounder. I've done several decks so far, and it's still going strong!

Asher

Dusk Till Dawn

Asher said:
I'm still waiting as well...my package disappeared from the tracking radar at 2:21 pm on the 24th when it left Illinois...curious where it might be now. ETA is the 29th, so keeping my fingers crossed, but with UPS it's hard to know (although they have been more reliable in my area recently).

Also thinking how I'm going to round those corners...I've gotten good and fast with my craft corner rounder. I've done several decks so far, and it's still going strong!

Asher
My Package has shipped a while ago, I am really worried. This would be the first Deck missing. Weird.

Asher

Asher said:
...my package disappeared from the tracking radar at 2:21 pm on the 24th when it left Illinois...

And it's now back on track and here in town, which sadly means it will be delivered Monday, since the Brown service does not work weekends...sigh.

But good to know it's not lost, anyway!

Asher

mary ventura

I like the book too

I really like the companion book. Haven't read the first part yet, about tarot in general (but I will). He gives a history of vampires in literature, describing the earlier vampire stories (Le Fanu, Polidori, Rymer). Of course he talks about the archetype / shadow aspect of vampires. Then there's a very interesting (I thought) description of Stoker's life. Then he gives about a 20 page summary of Stoker's Dracula. Then, in his discussion of each card, he shows how his cards relate to the story of Dracula. I think he did a real good job.

Mary V

Vesper

I fell asleep reading the companion book last night. I found it fascinating that Stoker knew Oscar Wilde as a young man, and wondered why Wilde didn't end up as a court card. Not sure he ever wrote about vampires, but his Dorian Grey certainly preyed upon the innocent, and never aged.

I've already done a couple of spreads with the deck. It shuffles surprisingly well for the size. I had thought the cards would be stiff, but they're pretty supple, actually. I had to break the deck up in halves and shuffle each half separately, but I think as I break the deck in, that won't be the case anymore.