Prairie Tarot by Robin Ator

Laura Borealis

I think it is the name of the deck and the pictures that threw me! If it was called Wild West Tarot or something, the differences in geography wouldn't have even made me pause! And it is a great looking deck. I like how the symbolism so easily translates.

I like the almost-rhyming sound of Prairie Tarot, though... what is that called... an assonance? When vowels make the same sound. :)

Hedera

I like the almost-rhyming sound of Prairie Tarot, though... what is that called... an assonance? When vowels make the same sound. :)

(bumping old thread)

I don't know if it has a name, but I love the way the sounds are so similar, too!

Does anyone around here use this deck at the moment?

Although I got it when it first came out, and had been waiting for it (im-)patiently, when it arrived it felt closed off and distant and I never really used it.

But now, all of a sudden, it feels like the right deck at the right time!
(don't you just love it when that happens with a deck that is already in your collection?)
Plus, I want to use reversals (which I usually don't do) and this deck is perfect for it.

But those heavy black borders bother me a bit. I keep thinking of how colourful and luminous the deck would be without them.

I am thinking of trimming them...

Morwenna

Bumping to ask, is anyone else in the US using this deck this 4th of July weekend?

Grizabella

I love the deck. I got it a few years ago and it's really a fun deck to use. I've got most of my decks packed away waiting for my move to Washington in a couple of weeks but maybe I can find it and dig it out to use this weekend.

PattyMc

Thanks for the reminder Morwenna!! I have this one packed away but it would be perfect for this weekend reads! Going digging through my packed away decks today :)

Patty