Lo Scarabeo Tarot ~ Six of Pentacles

hopena

The background to this card (the base for everything else), looks like parched earth to me, but it might be a sky, considering the ball of yellow in the middle is the sun.

Behind that sun, are four orbs, two on each side - they're blue.
Behind those are two large blue circles, and underneath those are two orange circles, peeking out at the top and bottom of the card, above what I see as parched earth.

Two hands almost cup the sun - the hand above, hold six coins, each one engraved with an astrological sign: The Moon, Venus, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. (I think?) The hand below is held out underneath the top hand, waiting for the coins to drop.

Oh! there are four spikes (?) coming out from behind the four blue circles/orbs that I mentioned above.

I can read with this deck using basic RWS meanings, but I'm feeling like a numbskull trying to get more out of the deck, since I don't know the Thoth, and still can't afford a Thoth-related book to use with it.

I see Jupiter and Venus associated with generosity, Mars with taking action (giving), and Saturn with responsibility.

I'll be back to edit more into this... and I need to get back to lurking in the Thoth forum.

kittiann

This card's background is very much like the Thoth deck, with its six-petaled flower, with six spiky protrusions. The image of one hand about to drop coins into another waiting hand is clearly RWS imagery, but the six coins are engraved with the ancient planets (minus the sun) that appear on the Thoth card. Also, the coins are arranged on the hand in a way that resembles the arrangement of coins in my Marseilles deck's six of coins.

I see this card as taking the basic meaning of the RWS (giving) and expanding on that by using the Thoth symbolism. By giving another person coins on which the ancient planets are engraved, one is theoretically giving them the universe, everything they'll ever need materially, spiritually, or emotionally. Of course, the sun is missing; but that comes out in the background, as hopena pointed out. The flower's middle really looks like a glowing sun that shines on both the hands present. I would interpret this card to say giving, of anything in any form, is good for the recipient and the giver in a way that goes beyond the gift.