Bohemian Gothic Pewter Anybody?

Narcissanoir

Flaws

When talking about having flaws...hmmm I don't know somethings become more valuable because of a flaw. I have an Aleister Crowley Thoth deck with the three Magus' ( even though it is not a flaw) and people have really tried hard to buy it from and I could never part with it.

Aerin

I hope it isn't their only deck. They may live to regret it.

I also don't get who the people are bidding on it, I can only think they are a collector as if you are mad for the deck then surely you would just get an ordinary one. It isn't about the tarot, is it?

Strange that the reserve is so high.

ilweran

Narcissanoir said:
I looked at this item on e-bay and was a bit upset that the seller has a reserve. Does that mean that the seller already has a fixed price in mind...then if that is the case why not post it. Or is it that the seller has a price but will more than happy to take more money if possible.

I tried to sell a few things on eBay once and put a reserve on them as that was the minimum I'd sell the items for. I think that's fine.

To be honest if I'd bought a 2nd Ed Pewter to sell I think I'd have hung on to it slightly longer, but as it turns out I'm rubbish at buying decks just to sell at a profit I'll be keeping both of mine (barring future financial emergencies :eek:)

Disa

Well, I haven't sold anything on ebay before and I've only bought a garden decoration from there so I don't know how it totally works. But me being the non collector that I am- even I know how quickly Baba things go out of print and their prices go way up. I'm quite sure people, even from here will buy them when they do. I really don't see anything wrong with a person thinking ahead and then putting the deck up for sale- just watching what happened with the limited silver edition I am still kicking myself for not buying more than one deck when I had the chance to do so at a reasonable price.

Anyway, it was the speed with which they listed this and the low price it started with that astounded me. I'm not sure how I feel about the reserve price, but obviously it isn't stopping people who really, really want this deck and missed the chance. It looks like whoever is doing this might just be a good business person who knows their stuff. For all we know, they DID check all the cards. Anyone concerned about that should write to the seller and ask a question. Right?

Aurora369

It seems to have stalled at $96.00. I am shocked that whoever is selling this deck is really milking it. I mean, Reserve Not Met and it is that high already.

Le Fanu

How brazen people are. Or how stupid the public are. Bit of both really...

I think there'll be a lot of people who suddenly don't feel the streaks (not flaws) in their decks affect the value at all. Watch this space. There'll be more.

Wendywu

I hesitate to say this (because I can almost feel the brickbats being hurled at me) but maybe, just maybe, they bought it and don't like it? So thought they'd sell it? And figured that profit isn't actually a swear word?

And no, it ain't me selling it :laugh:. I am still undecided about whether I like the deck or not.

Disa

Wendywu said:
I hesitate to say this (because I can almost feel the brickbats being hurled at me) but maybe, just maybe, they bought it and don't like it? So thought they'd sell it? And figured that profit isn't actually a swear word?

It's a possibility. :)

shadowdancer

ditto.

I will not be keeping mine long term, for the reasons I have already posted. If it means in time I will be in effect changing it for a deck or two I WILL prefer using so be it. I hope I am not made out to be a villian of sorts when that happens :(

Having said that, I too am surprised it has been listed so quickly. And surprised at how much it is going for.

Davina

Le Fanu

Surely it is a bit dishonest. I'm not averse to profit. Does the person who is bidding for $95 know that there is actually a place where they can buy it from the creators for 21 euros (when the remaining ones are made available)? I would deduct that - no - the person doesn't know. And the seller hopes they don't find out. Because if they did, it would scupper his/her sale.

What's dishonest is the fact that it is theoretically still available from the right sources (whenever the remaining ones are freed up) but the seller chose to set a reserve which is not 21 euros.

That bothers me slightly. But then the bidders must be uninformed anyway so don't get me wrong, I don't feel sorry for someone uninformed getting ripped off.