Crystal Visions Tarot - By:Jennifer Galasso

Hemera

You are such a Tarot Buying Enabler! :D I like it! :thumbsup: I may have to wait until after Christmas though as I just received 4 new decks.
FOUR decks! Oh boy, you do not need any enabling in your life do you. You seem quite capable in enabling yourself :D

I apologize if you think I was referring to your level of maturity, I wasn't!
LOL feel free :p (-No worries, I know what you meant and I quite agree.)

Hemera

Received mine this morning. The LWB was missing (although the deck was properly shrinkwrapped) so I need to ask USG for one..

Initial impressions: Gorgeous!:) A bit too glossy. Good size but if I start using it I will probably want to trim off the white borders. Nice font in the deck titles.
Awesome colors and there is a certain resemblance to the Vision Quest. Same colors, same faces even! There are more details than I had noticed from the scans and I love it that there are so many animals, plants and crystals in all the cards. This almost feels like a "Native European" deck to me..
The artist seem to have slight difficulties with some proportions and so some of the people look a bit odd. Some hands looks a bit short (King of Pentacles) or seem to come out from odd places (the Magician) and The Sun baby looks like he is missing feet! Okay, so maybe it´s because they are not really people but Faeries or something
Anyway, the gorgeous colors and fine and detailed symbolism more than makes this up for me.
This is less sugary that I thought. Some people (or whatever they are) look sad and thoughtful and I quite like that. I really enjoy the vibrant colors and they´ll probably really pop out if I decide to trim the cards and cut off the white outer borders })

BeyondtheVeil

Hemera

FOUR decks! Oh boy, you do not need any enabling in your life do you. You seem quite capable in enabling yourself :D

:laugh: Well.. these were the first decks that I have bought in about a year. lol I was so very excited to find the Faery Wicca regular sized deck set. I had thought about that deck for a couple of years. lol

I will come back on later in the month and you can enable me to buy this deck. :thumbsup: You know.. "just one more" ..."You really want it" type of thing. :D :laugh:

BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Yay!! The deck arrived for you!! :)

Received mine this morning. The LWB was missing (although the deck was properly shrinkwrapped) so I need to ask USG for one..

Initial impressions: Gorgeous!:) A bit too glossy. Good size but if I start using it I will probably want to trim off the white borders. Nice font in the deck titles.
Awesome colors and there is a certain resemblance to the Vision Quest. Same colors, same faces even! There are more details than I had noticed from the scans and I love it that there are so many animals, plants and crystals in all the cards. This almost feels like a "Native European" deck to me..
The artist seem to have slight difficulties with some proportions and so some of the people look a bit odd. Some hands looks a bit short (King of Pentacles) or seem to come out from odd places (the Magician) and The Sun baby looks like he is missing feet! Okay, so maybe it´s because they are not really people but Faeries or something
Anyway, the gorgeous colors and fine and detailed symbolism more than makes this up for me.
This is less sugary that I thought. Some people (or whatever they are) look sad and thoughtful and I quite like that. I really enjoy the vibrant colors and they´ll probably really pop out if I decide to trim the cards and cut off the white outer borders })

Yay!! I am glad that you have the deck now! I look forward to hearing how it reads for you.

Thanks for going into such great detail about the deck. I think I read, about the proprotions, being off also. I think that would bother me about the Sun Baby missing feet! :( Can you post a picture, so that we can see what you are talking about? {If you don't mind, of course}. The deck sounds gorgeous by your descriptions. Does the back look as beautiful as the scans show?

Thanks for sharing, Hemera! :heart:
BTV

VGimlet

I may get this deck for Christmas - if not I will get it after January 1st. :p

I don't order any decks (except pre-ordered decks) between November 1 and January 1, so my husband has something to get me for the holidays and my birthday, LOL.

But it is on the wanted list.

MysticalMoose

I have been lusting voraciously over this artwork for a while... I almost ordered it from the website but with Xmas & everything left it.... but on seeing that Book Suppository have it for £11.25 I just clicked BUY!!! Yayyy can't WAIT to get it! It's my Xmas prezzy to myself :D

BeyondtheVeil

I may get this deck for Christmas - if not I will get it after January 1st. :p

I don't order any decks (except pre-ordered decks) between November 1 and January 1, so my husband has something to get me for the holidays and my birthday, LOL.

But it is on the wanted list.

Let us know! My decks that I just got were for Christmas presents too! One of the decks I bought as a gift.

I was also thinking of buying this one as a gift.

Please let us know if/when you get the deck.

I have been lusting voraciously over this artwork for a while... I almost ordered it from the website but with Xmas & everything left it.... but on seeing that Book Suppository have it for £11.25 I just clicked BUY!!! Yayyy can't WAIT to get it! It's my Xmas prezzy to myself :D

Yay!! That is great MysticalMoose! Please let us know when you receive it and what your impressions of the deck are. I keep looking at that "order now" button too! })

BTV

moonbear

Congrats on getting your deck! Hope you have a long a happy relationship with it :).

And thanks for the down to earth first impressions. Shame about the LWB. That kind of thing is a bit irritating. And glossy sounds like my US Games Old English, lovely gentle colours but plastic cards. I would have preferred something a little less industrialised, however they do stand up well to wear and tear.

Had a look at the figures again when you mentioned proportions. I know alot of artists struggle with the human form, foreshortening etc. But cripes, the Sun Baby isn't just missing feet, he has no legs!! Does it matter? Is it significant?!

But what's a few missing legs or misplaced hands when you can gaze at those gorgeous colours?!

I am definintely going to get this deck! I think it's too lovely to leave it languishing on a shelf somewhere. But I'm afraid the sensible, patient moonbear :( won out the other day and I'm waiting till the New Year to press that 'buy me' button!

Hemera

@BeyondtheVeil: You can see scans of all the cards in the artis´s website. And there´s a link to that (and pictures and reviews) here in our own pages: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/crystal-visions/

But cripes, the Sun Baby isn't just missing feet, he has no legs!! Does it matter?
Yes, I meant *legs* but just used the wrong word..It is the most awful mistake I´ve found in this deck.. It´s such a lovely Sun card that it´s a real pity the baby is deformed like that.. I also thought the baby´s testicles were showing and I had to use a magnifying glass to see it was actually the mother´s hand :D

Some of the horses are a bit odd,too, with very small heads and very long legs. Oh well, maybe they are fairy horses or something..

But the colors..ahhh..

moonbear

I also thought the baby´s testicles were showing and I had to use a magnifying glass to see it was actually the mother´s hand :D

Good grief :bugeyed: Never saw that lol !! It looks like a ring on the mother's hand....I hope!

Atleast the ponies don't bother me. Definitely fairy ponies :)