TAROT APOKALYPSIS, Eric Dunne

FLizarraga

Well, spotted, AJ! :thumbsup:

It looks... decadent. Like those desserts (appropriately) called Death by Chocolate. Can't wait!

starlightexp

As much as it's not my style of deck his decks ,to me, are what MPR decks SHOULD be like but never are. As much of an assault on the eyes as his art is it is very very full of symbolism.

gregory

Oooooooh. Bookmarked:)

Le Fanu

I knew about this. Am waiting patiently. Thanks for posting AJ so we have a place to gush.

Shade

Hmmmmmmm well then. I certainly love the arrangements. What's holding me back is that there is a bit of a cut-and-paste aspect to it. Like I love the image of Odin as King of Swords but his sword clearly does not exist in the same universe as the King.

Am I missing the point? I can accept that I am a knuckle-dragging cretin who is unaware of the artistic statement that is conveyed by the impossible sword that isn't there and cannot be held that way if it was.

Padma

I agree with Shade - the cut and paste is very obvious in this deck - but I am a sucker for his over the top style, so I will probably get it regardless :)

rwcarter

Am I missing the point? I can accept that I am a knuckle-dragging cretin who is unaware of the artistic statement that is conveyed by the impossible sword that isn't there and cannot be held that way if it was.
Now now Shade. The improbable way the King is holding the sword is no less improbable than the way the guy is holding the swords in the Rider Waite 7 Swords....

AJ

these may also be works in progress. The images have to start somewhere.
How many times has Magic Realist reworked their decks?

MysticMoonlight

Oh dear me....Odin King of Swords....*swoons* :)

Thanks for posting this!