AQUARIAN TAROT...Borderless...Pocket...Tin

greatdane

Thanks SQUEE, but not quite....

I admit it sounds hopeful, but there are no promises and I know what will be, will be. And it wasn't me, but all you wonderful ATers who commented here or to US GAMES. So kudos to you all for speaking up.

I continue to support the idea of this, but it will be up to other ATers to make comments here or email their thoughts to US GAMES. I know this can't happen fast and there are other projects they're working on, but hopefully one day this may happen :). If I hear more, or if others do, we can update on this thread.

Rhinemaiden

Just for fun I downloaded sample Aquarian images from the USG website Aquarian page and did a rough crop to render the images borderless.

The results are here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rhinemaiden2011/albums/72157658680424504

In my opinion, these images NEED the white borders in order to breathe. Without the borders (except for the blue/white back which looks fine either way), the images feel constrained and claustrophobic (very 8 of Swords claustrophobic). I think David Palladini knew what he was doing when he created the images within white borders.

For me, borderless/reduced to "tin" size is an idea whose time has not come and I would not purchase such a deck. I'm very happy with the full size Morgan Press printing in my collection.

MoonGypsy

I got this from US GAMES TODAY in my em:

Good news
Stuart Kaplan does like the idea of Aquarian in a Tin.
But as I said there are quite a few projects head of it. So thanks for your patience!

Well, that is encouraging news, isn't it? :) Maybe not as soon as you hoped for...
but i bet it does happen...just a matter of where it lines up in the queue of priority
projects for USGamesinc.

McFaire

I got this from US GAMES TODAY in my em:

Good news
Stuart Kaplan does like the idea of Aquarian in a Tin.
But as I said there are quite a few projects head of it. So thanks for your patience!

Wow that was quick. Good job greatdane!

More people might participate in campaigns if the OP provided a sample message in the first post so that people can just copy and paste it into USG contact form.

greatdane

I'm afraid that would make it lose a little, McFaire

If a canned message is posted, it doesn't really allow people to express what or why they want to see a certain pocket deck and doesn't allow the company to gather more info.

I DO understand the convenience factor, but I figure if someone wants a deck enough, they will take the time to click on the link and type a sentence or two and the company would appreciate that more than a ton of canned messages.

Having been a marketing director for decades before becoming a uni advisor, I wanted personal opinions and thoughts.

MoonGypsy

If a canned message is posted, it doesn't really allow people to express what or why they want to see a certain pocket deck and doesn't allow the company to gather more info.

I DO understand the convenience factor, but I figure if someone wants a deck enough, they will take the time to click on the link and type a sentence or two and the company would appreciate that more than a ton of canned messages.

Having been a marketing director for decades before becoming a uni advisor, I wanted personal opinions and thoughts.

i totally agree with you, greatdane... :love: i have had similar experience in retail...

A "canned message" would definitely water down the sincerity of the messages.

greatdane

Thanks for your thoughts, MG

I know companies appreciate and take personal notes much more seriously, but I get McFaire's suggestion as it is more convenient.

It's just when one really wants something, ten personal messages beat a hundred canned ones.

MoonGypsy

I know companies appreciate and take personal notes much more seriously, but I get McFaire's suggestion as it is more convenient.

It's just when one really wants something, ten personal messages beat a hundred canned ones.

Yes, i also appreciate McFaire's loving suggestion, as it was very well intended, of that
there is no doubt. But, it just wouldn't have the proper impact as personal messages,
it would be more like a poll.

greatdane

I'm now just happy to let this go how it will....

I encourage others to post here, to email US GAMES, if they wish this deck and I will update if I hear any news from US GAMES.