Aleister Crowley (Thoth deck)

Barleywine

laura_borealis said:
I have a strong dislike of all things vampire-related. A VERY strong dislike.

Personally I like my vampires menacing and loathsome (Nosferatu, anyone?), or ancient and crusty and loathsome (the ones in Roman Polanski's "Fearless Vampire Killers"), rather than cute and sexy. Does calling them "vampyres" somehow defang them and render them safe for polite company (at least in the daytime)? I'm really of two minds: I don't believe the "classical" shape-changing vampire exists or that it ever did, but the "psychic vampire" abounds, even unto this very day. It's the person who you find emotionally exhausting or draining on every encounter, it's the person who is always riding on your coat-tails and demanding your undivided attention, it's the person who tries to dominate your every thought and idea, it's the person who blocks your individuation at every turn because it takes you out of their orbit. Heck, it might even be your mother (is that the faint nodding of heads I hear?)!!! If there was a deck that depicted every flavor of psychic vampire, I'd hang the cards down at the post office as "wanted posters." And no, I'm not currently being victimized (you hear that, wifey?), I just like to rant. So no vampire decks for me, and absolutely no "vampyre" decks.