decks you've fallen MADLY in love with

Leleii

LS Harmonious Tarot

The first time I seen this deck, I was obsessed, I had to have it.
I bought it at Borders. It's a magic deck, the only deck that I could just
read without a book. It talks to me. The images, the colors. I love this deck.
It really clicks with me. I own over 50 decks and I finally found a deck that
clicked. I don't know if I will feel this way next month. LOL
For now, this is my deck.

Leleii

December Fairy

The first time that happened to me was in Albuquerque, NM. There was a wonderful little bookstore that had the most beautiful mirror on the wall. It was a gift to the store owner from a friend. It had cards from Brian Williams Renaissance Tarot around the the mirror. Like tiles. It was all set in gold. It was gorgeous. Had to have deck. Would have loved to have that mirror!!

Second deck was Romeo & Juliet Shakspeare Tarot. Also gorgeous.

And the last deck(s) I fell :love:MADLY:love:IN:love: LOVE:love: with is Chronata's Midnight Masquerade Tarot. I fell in love with the first card I saw. And it just kept growing each time she posted a new card. My beautiful #16 should be home soon. I can't wait to get it. Another week? Another month? I just can't wait!!

The Minute deck. I has come home. I love, love, love it. Cute, tiny & bright.

Not a tarot deck, but I also can't wait to get & work with Chronata's Dreamstone Oracle. :D
I think they might be shipped together with my MMT.

Alta

Absolutely in love?

The Baroque Bohemian Cats: that deck and I had love at first sight, and it has not worn off. I find it so expressive.

Druidcraft: my other top favourite and it has given me readings that have taken me deep into the problem at hand. I ordered from the site and have never regretted buying it. One of many I was influenced to buy because of discussions here.

A deck I fell in love with online and 'had' to have it? The Gaian. Still adore it, wish she would finish the minors but I gather personal issues have slowed that down very much.
Gaian tarot

Other decks I love and would be very unhappy to give up: Faeries Oracle; the Fey Tarot and the good old Rider-Waite-Smith.

Zhritza

Mine are so mundane and... and not self-published! ;) The big one is the Fey. The images hooked me, and once I got it, I could not believe how well-done it was AND how perfect it was to read with.

Before that there was the Victoria Regina, which was interesting because I saw the ffront of the box and was immediately captivated -- at the same time the black-and-white thing was so unusual to me, and at the time I specifically did not like collage decks. (At this point I don't really consider it as such because everything flows together so well on each card.) I had doubts, but I felt I had to get the thing. Thank gawd I did.

Acacia

Spiral Tarot

While I have a few decks whom I love madly, it took time for those relationship to develop. But the Spiral Tarot, it was love at first sight, and mad love at that. I remember the moment we met...I was looking for a deck to begin a new round of tarot studies with. I walked into a book store and started rummaging round their samples of over 100 tarot decks. There she was, the 3 of pentacles in the Spiral Tarot. She said "here is a story for you" levels of understanding the 3 of pentacles came forth and I never looked back. I love that deck....

Unknownspirit

Vertigo Tarot-
I have wanted this deck for so long but was always unable to buy it. But a few days ago I got it for only $50 on ebay. I'm just to happy right now
:grin:

Rosanne

Loved my RWS and still do in a monogamous kinda of way- but I fell in lust with firstly The Rohrig, then the Spiral, then New Century, then Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea, then the Ancient Eygptian and the Golden Tarot of the Renaissance at the same time :eek: It was all lust and not love!!
Then I saw the developing Fantastic Menagerie! I have lost weight and become all dewy eyed- this is not lust -this is full blown love and not like me at all. I write poetry and play Victorian music and hum a lot. I am a Bride in waiting and the trousseau is all ready ;) I have secreted all the money for the Oswald Wirth 22 and the Ukiyoe into FM hidey hole...... It is March don't you know!! ~Rosanne

Little Baron

I think it has just happened.

I read this thread when I was at work this afternoon.

I decided to check out Watkins in Central London on the way home from work today; was going to pick up the Tarot Nova for a friend and thought that looking there for the first time, was as good a place as ever.

And while there, I found a deck in the sale. I had never seen it before. It was just £8.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique/onlinecatalog.php?view_title=Louttre+B+Tarot&pageenter=0

And it feels right. I don't have one complaint.

It has non-scenic minors.

It has non-scenic majors.

It has non-scenic courts.

And I love the colours, symbols, french titles and naive art style.

It feels so complete, whereas some decks have a slight problem here or there that I can never get out of my mind. I am really looking forward to working with this one.

So, maybe I found it today.

LB

faerylvr

Fallen MADLY in love with...Celtic Dragon, Quest Tarot and Revelations...

sharpchick

Buckland Romani, Robin Wood, and LS Pagan Tarots.

For non-tarot, Madame Endora's Fortune Cards.