Lo Scarabeo decks 2007

shadowdancer

I recently e mailed them and asked if they had any heads up for us regarding decks planned next year. I haven't had a reply yet, but wondered if any members here had any ideas?

I think it was about this time last year we had a sneak peak at a few planned for 2006.

Davina

RiccardoLS

Got that mail, but I have been sick so I couldn't yet reply.

Anyway, we are *late* with the catalogue and the 2007 decks.
I WILL prepare a sneak pick event... ^_^ but still I can't :(

We have presented, however, a list of decks at the Frankfurt Book Fair, with very far from definitive artwork and graphics, so I can share a few names.

Just don't take any of the information below as confirmed.
1. not all the decks will be published (in 2007)
2. artist or writer, may change
3. names will definitely change (suggestions welcome)

Please do not make me regret the responsability of sharing incomplete informations.

Elven Tarot
By Mark McElroy – Artwork by Davide Corsi
Available also as Set edition.
The deck the elves would have used!

A narrative Tarot placed in a high fantasy setting. From award winning author Mark McElroy, a computer graphic masterpiece. The beauty and charm of the elven people waved inside a tale of epic struglles, battles, inner awakenings and darkness dispelled.

Tarot of everyoung Mages
By Antonella Castelli
Innocence is not only for children!

Elegant art follow the rythm of magic in all forms. As magic mirror the soul, the true mage strive to achieve innocence. The deck itself is a tool to see the world without prejudices and to find a balance in all things.

Medieval Tarot
By Guido Zibordi Marchesi
Look through the eyes of the Middle Ages!

The true medieval Tarot, rebuilt with art, symbols and concept to serve and enlighten the modern man. A beautiful classical deck, created through careful stylistical reasearch.

Tarot of Reincarnation
By Massimiliano Filadoro
The circle of life doesn’t start, doesn’t end with man!

Created with a special graphical layout, similar to XIX century German Tarot, this deck has been created to be used by people interested in their spiritual journye, but unfamiliar with Tarot archetipes.

Botticelli Tarot
By Atanas A. Atanassov
The gentle and glorious art of Botticelli!

The uncanny art of Andrea Botticelli is made Tarot.
Nuances of meaning are taken in by the beautiful images. The deck teach to look at things with a different, more perceptive, eye.

Afro-American Tarot
By Jamal R. – Artwork by Ernest Fitzpatrick
Heritage!

Finally a deck that embraces the whole of Afro-American culture. While rooted in the african myths and legends, the deck explores and references to the afro-american history and culture. The deck that every afro-american person could and should use.

Zodiac Tarot
By Lee Bursten - Artwork by Luca Raimondo
The very first simple Astrological Tarot!

Astrology and Tarot are finally linked in an intuitive way, that everyone may use without studying for ages. Every Planet is symbolized by a person. Every Sign by a place. And the scee of Tarot show the person in the place giving a pictorial immediate representation of the Planet into the Sign.

Universal Wyrth Tarot
By Sophie Nusslé - Artwork by Stefano Palumbo
The Pictorial key to Wyrth Minors!

The Wyrth Tarot tradition is finally complete. Beside restoring and reconstructing the Major Arcana, all the minor Arcana have been created according to Wyrth vision and symbological necessities. A must-have for all Tarotists.

Mona Lisa’s Tarot
By Mark McElroy - Artwork by Paolo Martinello
Who is Mona Lisa? A ghost, a muse, a prostitute, a princess?

A mosaique of the world of Mona Lisa. Her identity is taken and fragmented along all her possible self. Her humanity is a muse not just to Leonardo Da Vinci, but to our soul as well.

Lo Scarabeo Tarot
By Marc McElroy – Artwork by Anna Lazzarini
The next step in evolution!

How many different families of traditions compose the whole Tarot landscape? Lo Scarabeo Tarot, created for the 20th anniversary of Lo Scarabeo is a synthesis, the focal arrival point of the three main Tarot tradition. A blending that opens the road to a whole new journey.

Tarot of Angels
By Gina di Roberto – Artwork by Arturo Picca
No one should walk unattanded!

Beautiful spiritual presences that weave their soul with ours. Angels lead, serving an higher purpose, protect, relieve us from suffering and troubles. And they share our joys and pain, turning everything to good.

UFO Tarot
By Bepi Vigna – Artwork by Arturo Picca
They have been walking among us!

The legends of the Aliens, powerful elemental symbols, unveil one of the greatest mistery in the world. Because, if we are not alone in the universe, than what is really man, and what it may be.

Round Tarot
By Maria Distefanis
The circle of life!

Think a Tarot where there is no up and no down, no right and no wrong. Think a Tarot that celebrates life, joys and misery flowing with a totally cyclic approach, where there is only edge and center. A unique reading experience.

Tarot of Pirates
By Bepi Vigna – Artwork by Michele Benevento
Rogue, rascals, swashbucklers on a sea of Tarot!

From the depth of the Caribbian sea, the gretest heroes and most infamous criminals, proud pirates and buccaneers came out to raid the Tarot. A funny adventurous, and even storically accurate Tarot.

Tarot of Sweet Twiligth
By Cristina Benintende
Walking down the river of a life, at evening time, hand in hand!

A bittersweet Tarot, full of melancholy and nostalgy, and yet in a way luminous, tender and sweet. It feels like adolescence, so full of inmaginable depths, and unthinkable heigts, togheter, at the same poetic, unique, time.

Wicca Tarot of Sexuality
By Nada Mesar – Artwork by *******
Sex touch the spirit, as spirit touch sex!

Sexuality, sexual identity, the way we do sex… they are all among the most important things in everyone life. Everything we are or we do… has a shade in our own feminility and mascolinity. This is part of what being Wiccan is.

la-luna

No new “golden” decks ? I was hoping 2007 might bring one of those

Some of these ideas/decks sounds really interesting others might be nice others don’t anything to me, I suppose we’ll have to see images for these decks to get a better view of their potentials

jackdaw*

Some familiar names!

I would love to see what they do with the Botticelli deck!

fall_guy

Got my eye on the Tarot of Pirates...sounds fab!

Jewel

Ohhhhhh Pirates and Elves ... what more could a girl ask for? *LOL*

Thanks for sharing Riccardo, hope those two make it to the 2007 printing!

RiccardoLS

Elven pirates, obviously! ^_^

Actually I had been hoping for a more dashing, aoutrageous pirate deck... something totally Errol-flinishy, or Jack-sparrowy. The deck will be however more mature and more classical, it seem.

Tarot of the Elves is one of the few 100% sure.

We are still undecided wheter to make a golden Tarot or not. Botticelli maybe? Lo Scarabeo?
But we also have in mind a different tecqique that may be interesting.
(ok, I like to spread not just unconfirmed but also vague rumors).

I have my personal favourites.
As for the script... the Zodiac undoubtedly.
And, strange as it may seem, I really like the "sweet twilight". It has that *something*.

I hope to have some graphics in a week or two.

r.

jackdaw*

RiccardoLS said:
We are still undecided wheter to make a golden Tarot or not. Botticelli maybe? Lo Scarabeo?
But we also have in mind a different tecqique that may be interesting.
(ok, I like to spread not just unconfirmed but also vague rumors).
Oooh ... Botticelli in gold! Gold!

Jewel

RiccardoLS said:
Elven pirates, obviously! ^_^

Actually I had been hoping for a more dashing, aoutrageous pirate deck... something totally Errol-flinishy, or Jack-sparrowy. The deck will be however more mature and more classical, it seem.

Tarot of the Elves is one of the few 100% sure.

Did you say Elven Pirates????? Now you're talkin'!!!! *LOL*

I am very pleased to hear the Elven is for sure, I will definetly be getting the deck/book set for that one.

As for the Pirate deck, you know although the Errol Flinish or Jack Sparrow type of pirate style would be "fun" I think it is great to bring some histroical perspective into the theme of pirates. Too bad it won't have a companion book, but all the same I will look forward to it.

I agree that the booklet or pamphlet for the Astrological should be good, Lee is an excellent writer, he knows tarot, and knows how to communicate the messages in an easy to understand manner. That deck should should be real high quality (no offense intended to the other decks).

Riccardo, you need to get deeply involved in deck designing again. Here it is 3 years later and I am still LOVING and using my Fey Tarot!

Nydia

I did not see the artist, Giacinto Gaudenzi, on the list, but I saw a blank spot for artwork on the Wicca Tarot of Sexuality. Could Lo Scarabeo ask Gaudenzi to do that deck or another one? I would really like to see more of his work.