Mystic Faerie Tarot

Lady LuLuB

Yikes!

AJ wrote:
>when we can grill the author directly

That's the part that scares me!

The 5 of Swords, Knight of Swords, and Hermit are posted.
3, 6, 10 of Cups on Monday.

Also, the addictiveness of the forum is frightening. So much to read and think about and say. And HearthCricket let me know about a section about reading (literature, not tarot!) and I haven't even let myself go there.

But this is probably off-topic and I better not develop bad habits.

HearthCricket

Barbara Moore said:
AJ wrote:
>when we can grill the author directly

That's the part that scares me!

The 5 of Swords, Knight of Swords, and Hermit are posted.
3, 6, 10 of Cups on Monday.

Also, the addictiveness of the forum is frightening. So much to read and think about and say. And HearthCricket let me know about a section about reading (literature, not tarot!) and I haven't even let myself go there.

But this is probably off-topic and I better not develop bad habits.

The cards are gorgeous! This deck is so enchanting! I love the way the Knights are really holding vigil and protecting the faery kingdom. I also like the way the 5 of Swords is depicted very faintly, with the 5 castle towers in the background, but not overwhelming the faeries in front. The Hermit is lovely. Always a favourite card of mine...I like his candle almost burning out, showing it is time to move on with all the knowledge he has attained during his hermitage. This deck seems very user-friendly! I can't believe we have to wait until July for a release. Eeek!

Yes, it is addicting here! And very fun! Wait until you discover the crystal/herb section. And the movie section, and the games, the ID this tarot deck, etc. I plan to be a very bad influence on you, Barbara. :D

HearthCricket

After looking at the Five of Swords closer, I realized it is probably the 5 thorns and not the 5 towers that represent the Swords. Neat! LOL

HearthCricket

So...here I am, looking over the 5 of Swords, letting my intuition kick in and wondering how I am doing with reading this card! This is what I get:

Two faeries conversing in the woods; a mother and a daughter. The mother, on the left side looks straight into her daughter's eyes, calmly but seriously, and holds out a hand as if in questioning her: "What have you done and do you realize the consequences?" The daughter cannot look face to face with her mother and slightly bows her head, perhaps a bit in shame, or perhaps to deceive and holds out both hand in a shrug possibly saying "No" or "I didn't do it". Something serious has come into play and the daughter has to face up to her actions. Perhaps she has harmed something or someone or broken the laws of the faery world, but whatever the case, the roses are even weeping tears, showing all are affected by her actions, and she must make amends.

So, Barbara...am I at all close to the meaning in your book or am I waaaaay off? :) I can take the criticism!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you for those images, Barbara- what a pretty deck!

Blessings,

Em x

Lady LuLuB

5 of Swords

HearthCricket, you are really close, especially not having seen the four cards that go before it, the Ace through four. Each of the suits of the minor arcana tell a story and the "meaning" of the card is based on that scene in the story.

It would be too long to write out the whole story. But in this scene, the two fae (friends, well actually colleagues...they tend the Queen's garden) did something that went horribly wrong. After mourning and fretting (the Three), they rest (the Four), and in this card they are trying to find a solution to fix what they did. So yes, they are coming to terms with the consequences of their actions and examining every angle to figure out what to do. And, as you picked up on, part of their mistake in the Two was making a bad choice and keeping something secret, hiding something, that they shouldn't have.

Cerulean

I adore the dark-haired magical beings in the sword cards...

...and the picture with the Raven's head helmet is very unique and striking to me.

I think I am going to like the range and variety of characters very much.

Regards,

Cerulean

HearthCricket

Barbara Moore said:
HearthCricket, you are really close, especially not having seen the four cards that go before it, the Ace through four. Each of the suits of the minor arcana tell a story and the "meaning" of the card is based on that scene in the story.

It would be too long to write out the whole story. But in this scene, the two fae (friends, well actually colleagues...they tend the Queen's garden) did something that went horribly wrong. After mourning and fretting (the Three), they rest (the Four), and in this card they are trying to find a solution to fix what they did. So yes, they are coming to terms with the consequences of their actions and examining every angle to figure out what to do. And, as you picked up on, part of their mistake in the Two was making a bad choice and keeping something secret, hiding something, that they shouldn't have.

Ah, fun! Methinks it might have something to do with that blighted rose. Perhaps thorns are not allowed in the Queen's garden! Oops! This sounds like a very fun and interesting book and deck, with many layers!

Lady LuLuB

last posting here

Hi all,

As promised, I put up the 3, 6, and 10 of Cups.

I know that this forum is not for promotion, so I while I'll keep posting on the blog, I'm not going to keep posting here when I do.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Barbara
http://mysticfaerietarot.blogspot.com/

HearthCricket

Oooh, Mermaid Faeries! I know a lot of Mermaid fans that will enjoy this! Lovely idea! I can't wait to read the stories in the book!

Edited to add...Mermaid my foot (or should I say fin?!). These are probably water nymphs. Boy, I need to bone up on my faeries!