Traveling AT Member Deck

MeeWah

World Spirit

Do not have this deck but based on what I have seen of it, seems to embody this project.

Personally, do not care what deck it is--I think I have/am familiar with only 2 of those Jeannette listed.

Do our posts constitute as sign-up or is a separate sign-up planned via PM or thread for names only (& to eliminate the extraneous)?

Daizdy

I was just going through the thread to see how everyone who has expressed an opinion about a deck looks like and looks like World Tarot is the choice of those who posted.

Jeannette, are you willing to sell Tarobones the accompanying book? I think the final decision should be Jeannette's on which deck to use.

I have the sign-up thread ready to go when we finalize the decision on the deck to be used. Once we have that settled I'll post the thread, it has all the information we need. (I'm not trying to rush you at all Jeannette, I SWEAR! :D)

Jeannette

Daizdy said:
I was just going through the thread to see how everyone who has expressed an opinion about a deck looks like and looks like World Tarot is the choice of those who posted.
If I'm reading the posts correctly, I assume that's the World Spirit deck you're referring to? If that's the deck of choice, then that's fine with me, if tarobones can use the book.

Jeannette, are you willing to sell Tarobones the accompanying book?
Yes, of course. Tarobones, please PM me, and I'll make arrangements to get the book to you.

I have the sign-up thread ready to go when we finalize the decision on the deck to be used. Once we have that settled I'll post the thread, it has all the information we need. (I'm not trying to rush you at all Jeannette, I SWEAR! :D)
No problem, no rush. You caught me on a good day -- I had much of the day clear to be at the computer, so the timing was perfect. I'll await further instructions on where to send the deck for its first stop.

Was a decision made regarding signatures? Are blank cards needed, or are people going to sign on the deck itself? Keep in mind that the World Spirit deck is black bordered, and there's only probably enough "white space" on the backs for 1 - 2 signatures -- although there are pens designed for writing on dark backgrounds, of course.

Would it be helpful for me to post "shipping tips" for the deck on this thread?

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

OakDragon

This sounds like such a great idea. I'd love to participate in this, too! The online journal, blank card to sign, and reading for the next in line all sound like great additions. As for deck choices, my first choice (of the ones listed) would probably be the Spiral Tarot, but any of the multicultural decks would be appropriate, too.

Daizdy

Alrighty! We're set! Here's a link to the sign-up. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=47869 Please read it carefully before you sign up.
jeannette said:
Would it be helpful for me to post "shipping tips" for the deck on this thread?
That would be great if you would do that for us Jeannette! I'll put a link in the sign-up thread for it...

Jeannette

OK, I'll post some mailing info shortly. I see from the sign-up thread that the decision has been made to have recipients sign the cards. Should I sign a card, or the box? Should I post anything to the "journal" thread as I start this deck on its way? I'm not going to "spend time" reading or meditating with the deck prior to sending it on its way. I'm sure everyone is anxious to get this little fella going!

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

OakDragon

I have signed up, but I have a couple of questions about this.

Are we sure we want to sign the cards themselves? Signing the backs (especially) might impact readings with them (e.g. knowing which card is coming up from having seen a journal entry about who signed it).

Is the 100 person limit a bit much? Remember, 100 people x 2 weeks each = 200 weeks or about 4 years... do we really want this to take that long?

One further thought occurs. How about we give this deck to Solandia after this is over? Wouldn't it be a nice gift to her from the members of AT?

Daizdy

I suggest you sign a card, whoever ends up owning the deck may not keep the box. Yes, please do make a journal entry! :) I almost forgot to make a thread for it! LOL Here's a link...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=611731#post611731

MeeWah and everyone, it warms my heart that you're all making this happen, thank you all so much! And Jeannette, thank you for the deck and all your help!

gregory

A practical thought from she who has been waiting 7 weeks for a deck from Canada - perhaps take mailings in order by continent at least, to cut mail-waiting ? Do the whole US, then Oz, then Europe/Arab countries, then Africa, for instance ? (even do the UK as a separate lump because it seems to take forever for things from the rest of Europe to get here ????)

Otherwise at 100 people times 7 weeks...... (Oakie has grossly underestimated the potential for delay here !!)

OakDragon

gregory said:
A practical thought from she who has been waiting 7 weeks for a deck from Canada - perhaps take mailings in order by continent at least, to cut mail-waiting ? Do the whole US, then Oz, then Europe/Arab countries, then Africa, for instance ? (even do the UK as a separate lump because it seems to take forever for things from the rest of Europe to get here ????)

Otherwise at 100 people times 7 weeks...... (Oakie has grossly underestimated the potential for delay here !!)

Oy! I did not even think of that. Maybe 20 people is a better limit?