Location of birth city

Red Emma

Over the past few years I've received three charts, two free ones and a third which was part of a year-long reading (I'm not sure of the term) which I have done annually. And for which I feel that I paid quite a bit.

I've been trying to teach myself with the help of books, so the other night was struggling over a circle with the houses marked in it and trying to put the correct symbols/planet names in each house. I realized that each chart had some of the planets in different houses, and one had planets which the other two didn't have. Of course, when I looked at the geographic location of my birthplace, all three had chosen different parallels. I was amazed, and pretty disgusted, to find the chart I paid for was way, way off, by several hundred miles and between two and three degrees. For instance the city I now live in is on the 45th parallel, which is where the paid-for chart had put my birthplace. My birthplace is in reality about three hundred miles, and about two degrees north of the 45th. Somewhere between the 47th and 48th.

Three questions: 1) How can one protect themselves from such inaccuracies, which of course lead to quite inaccurate readings.

2) Is there somewhere on the internet, like maybe the US Naval Observatory, where one can look it up yourself?

3) Can you then, when you pay for a reading, give them the longitude and lattitude you want them to use.

Goddess Bless

Minderwiz

You raise some good points and ones which many others should be aware of.

Firstly you can protect yourself against mistakes by firstly quoting the city of your birth, (as well as date and time). As an amateur reader I always ask for all three but it is frequently the case that one or two are missing.

Secondly find the Latitude and Longitude of your birth place and quote them as well. This should be fairly easy to do using an Atlas, either computer based like the Encarta World Atlas or simply go down to the library and look it up in a hard copy version. If you are stuck give me the City (including state and country if necessary) and I'll look it up for you.

Thirdy always check that the birth details are correct on the chart before you pay for it!

If a reading is done on your birth chart then it should use the birth data and if it doesn't don't pay!

Just one possible point in their defence - much work is currently being done in Astrolocality - the effects on you of moving a significant difference from your point of birth and therefore 'rotating' your chart. However I'm sure that you didn't ask for this to be done and therefore they should not have done it!

Hope this helps

Minderwiz

Minderwiz

Alternatively if that doesn't work post you place of birth here and I'll look it up for you.

Minderwiz

Red Emma

Birthplace location

Thanks Minderwiz and Aquarian Goddess.

I had looked at Astrodienst, but after what had happened was a little leery of trusting anyone until I better knew what I was doing. I'll feel a little more secure now.

Goddess Bless,

Red Emma