chariot and death card together

misswhit

how does the death card and chariot correspond to each other

northsea

Maybe the end of a venture or failed enterprise or the advice to cease further action until the right time. (Rarely, in a few specific layouts with the 10 of Swords or the like, it could signify an auto accident.)

sacredashes

misswhit said:
how does the death card and chariot correspond to each other

The combi can be tricky, to me at least.

It may mean:

a) a phase coming to an end with circumstances either going according plan or dangerously getting out of control.

b) the querent feels confident that he/she has got everything as it should be and is in transition towards a new phase.

c) the querent feels like things are not going as expected and the situation (career, relationship, event) may be stagnated or unable to move on to the next level or coming to an end or entering an new phase.

d) the querent wants to move on but is unable to; because he/she can't let go of something in the past, is being blocked in some way.

e) The querent is gearing to start a something new but is uncertain of his/her abilities to hold it together.

It can vary (a lot) depending on the position the cards came out in, what other other cards (if any) were pulled in which other positions used within the spread, what was asked and how the question was phrased, the deck used; reversals or no reversals.... it also depends on what other aspects you want to factor into your readings... associations with astrology, numerology, elements, imagery, etc... More importantly, it depends a lot on how you read the cards.

Please bear in mind, the meanings I listed above are some possibilities.. it's like shooting in the dark when the question is open to such a wide range of interpretations. I found that I mis-fire a lot when shooting blindfolded so take this with a pinch of salt and see if there was anything useful; otherwise.. please disregard what was posted here.

Ash

celticnoodle

I agree with what has been posted so far, but also do not forget, it depends on how the cards fall in the spread and what other cards are present as well.

if you are doing a 3 card reading (past, present & future) and the death card was card #1 - past, it would read that something major has ended & if the chariot card was card #2 - present, it would read, but you are moving forward and you will ________________ for whatever is seen with card #3-the future.

so it really depends on a variety of things. however, the ideas given so far are quite good!

Aladdin

An advanced reader once told me the major arcana represent very powerful forces opperating in he "here and now". Well, i've never had any reason to disbelieve this so my immediate take on this at a mundane level would be to avoid any unnecessary car journeys until the Sun 'officially' leaves Cancer !

balenciaga

Could be a trip cut short or detoured - like the route has changed. I, like others here, do see literal driving here:) But it does not have to be just that. It can be that someone "stops dead in one's tracks" - once pursuing something relentlessly, just stops. Gives up interest.

rcb30872

Maybe it just means that the person it is related to is determined to end something, and get started on something else?

On another level, in the Chariot card, you have a man being pulled by two horses, one white and one dark, pulled in different directions, perhaps it is the fact that he wants something to happen, but by his responses, as such, like anger outbursts and what not, the thing that he wants is not going to happen because he is sabotaging his own efforts. Say that a third party is involved, that person may be hurt, and in a sense the person that the reading is about, may have burnt his bridges in a manner of speaking, thus ruining the one thing that the person wanted all along.

Just thought that I would throw that one in, not sure if it is applicable ;)