RWS Study Group: Table of Contents

Phoenix

Hey Guys,

I am going to start this group by creating a table of contents of topics that I would like to see covered by this group.

These are a few topics that I wouls like to cover:

Favorite Card
Least Favorite Card
RWS Variations and Clones(General Discussion)
Major Arcana: Symbols(Card by Card)
How the Major Arcana Cards Relate to One Another
Minor Arcana
Elemental Correspondences And the Minor Arcana

If there is anything you would like to see covered, by all means, feel free to make a post!

Ophiel

Waite the Intellect

Hi Mr. Phoenix.

I have no topics to add, as you seem to have that covered.

I did want to make a short comment about Waite himself, something to keep in mind as we delve into these topics. I have tried reading a few of Waite's texts, and not just on Tarot. He is a tough read, sometimes so dry and intellectual. However, I think it is important to keep in mind how well read this man was. He has written authoritative books on a wide variety of topics, ceremonial magic,Grail and Arthurian legend, Kabalah, Rosicrucianism, Alchemy, Freemasonry, Hermeticism, books about various mystics and occultists ((Pythagorus, Edward Kelly, Thomas Vaughn, Eliphas Levi, Raymond Lully, Frater Lucis, St. Martin, Cornelius Agrippa, Paracelsus, Swedenborg, Boehme, Basilus Valentinus, and others,)

As we nitpick his symbols, it is instructive to keep in mind what a huge intellect Waite was regarding occult and esoteric knowledge!

Antenna

hello phoenix i would like to ask if this study group is still on going or it has moved?

Aoife

Antenna said:
hello phoenix i would like to ask if this study group is still on going or it has moved?
Hi Antenna, the study group developed into the Rider-Waite-Smith sub-forum [where you are now]. As you can see, its still very active.

Antenna

Aoife said:
Hi Antenna, the study group developed into the Rider-Waite-Smith sub-forum [where you are now]. As you can see, its still very active.

oh i see. i was wondering cause there isnt much posts here so i thought there might be another subforum
hehe