Not getting tired/drained as with other decks.

Genna

Has anyone else noticed that when working with the Faeries´Oracle you don´t get that drained feeling you get after working with other decks?Or is it just me?I think it might be because the faeries are helping.Using Tarot takes an awful lot of my energy.

cjtarot

just plain connected..it's a wonderful thing

genna,

I think you have found your deck...I find if I connect with a deck I read without having to put out as much energy.

For me the Gendron and the Sacred Circle do this..I can read by picture and don't even have to think about meaning..and I find the card appealing.

Blessings and I'm glad the faery's have a good home with you.

CJ

Genna

Thank you for explaining CJ.I think you are right.
BTW,Gendron is a beautiful,spiritual deck.
Genna

Jewel

Re: just plain connected..it's a wonderful thing

cjtarot said:
I think you have found your deck...I find if I connect with a deck I read without having to put out as much energy.

Hi CJ! I agree with this, but there is more to it than that I think. The Faeries Oracle is a totally unique deck all together ... the faeries are alive. I find that comparing this deck to any other deck is a mute point .... it really has a personality of its own. Like you I have a tarot deck that requires no extra effort on my part, and I absolutly love it because of the depth I get from it, but the experience is completly different. The Froud Faeries are much more than a deck ... once you start working with them on a regular basis the Faeries come alive, they cease to be a deck of cards. Sounds wierd I know ... it is really hard to explain.

Faerie Lin

I agree Jewel!

The reason why I don't get drained using this deck is because using this deck is like (or even IS) connecting to the actual faeries. I like to say using this deck is like entering a portal to their world or maybe even allowing them into our your world (or maybe somewhere in between! okay okay, I'll stop!).

Cerulean

I think I understand what you mean. Lots of things flow into looking at many tarot decks, so it takes awhile to sort things out.
Fairy archetypes seem much gentler.
My modern Fey tarot deck is much easier for others to connect to, although my friends like to check the book meanings for at least one or two of the cards . The pictures look like a storyboard. If they like softer anime (like shojo-style) and whimsy, that is...those into darker decks might find the Fey too cute.

Jewel

Faerie Lin said:
I like to say using this deck is like entering a portal to their world or maybe even allowing them into our your world (or maybe somewhere in between! okay okay, I'll stop!).

That is exactly it!!!!!! that is exactly how it feels.

Mari_H, it is more than the Faerie archtypes too. I have several faerie decks (Fairy Ring, Healing with Fairies, Fairy Tarot by Luptelli), but none of them even come close to the Faerie Oracle experience or feel. All of those can be easily compared to other oracles or tarots. I am anxiously awaiting my copy of the Fey Tarot Kit so I cannot speak to it, but the Faeries Oracle is in a class all of its own. Faerie Lin said it all in her post, I do not think it could be better explained than that.

Silverlotus

I honestly haven't used my Faeries Oracle too much yet. I've got so many new decks and books since I started reading this forum that I am having trouble keeping up. :) But from what little bit that I have used this deck I do know it doesn't drain me much either. I used the Witches' Tarot for a long time, and that deck drained me so badly everytime I used it. I think it was partly because I was fighting against some of the symbolism and attributes I didn't like. But in most of the decks I'm using now, and especially this one, I find that I'm not fighting them. And readings are a lot better now, sometimes even energizing. I never thought I'd say that about reading cards! :)

Jewel

Silverlotus said:
I've got so many new decks and books since I started reading this forum that I am having trouble keeping up. :)

~Giggles~ you try to keep up? ~giggles more holding her sides~ I am impressed! I could never keep up. The way I see it is the decks and books will be patiently waiting for me until I can get to them *LOL*.

As for the Faeries Oracle ... personally I would encourage you to use it. It is a breath of fresh air, and if you are influenced like many of us have been, soon enough you will not even think of it as a deck of cards. That ofcourse will free you up to move on to your next deck without putting the Faeries down :)

magpie9

There really is something about this deck..I don't relate to it being less-draining than other decks because (A)I earth myself before a reading to prevent getting drained,and(B)I won't read more than a few times with a deck that is draining for me, and(C)If I don't connect with a deck, why am I reading with it? There are so many decks now that I can hardly keep up with the ones that speak to my heart and soul. I really don't quite understand why anyone would want to read with a deck thay don't connect with....So Many Decks, So Little Time :)

I'm one of those people who have to sneak up on sleep a lot of the time, and I have taken to keeping the Faerie book by the bed. If I open and random and spend a little time with McBeths write-up I can pretty much count on feeling cherished and protected, even when it's not a card I understand well, or is one that challenges.Does that happen to anyone else with this deck? I think it may be addictive...