Medieval Scapini Tarot index thread

Sulis

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/medieval-scapini/

Index of threads so far in this study group.

GENERAL THREADS
Study Group discussion thread

Symbolism, interpretation, meanings
IronSide's Method for Reading each Card
Method of discovering personality type with Scapini's Symbols
Color meanings

MAJOR ARCANA

MINOR ARCANA

The Aces
The Suits

Swords
Ace
Two
Three
Four
Five
Queen

Wands
Ace
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten

Cups
Ace
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Page
Knight

Coins
Ace
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Page
Knight
Queen

Please let Sulis, the Tarot Study Groups Moderator know by private message when a new thread is started in this group so it can be added to this index thread.

Thanks,

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups Moderator

Lady Iron Side

The Medieval Scapini Tarot

I have spend now 5 yrs studing this deck. 4 yrs of the 5, it was land of confusion, then in the past yr, this deck finally started to show me, teach me, how it works and to be read.

Interestingly enough, I found this deck prefers not to have reversed cards. for each card already is upright and reversed.

This deck is overpowering, intense, complex, symbol city, the systems are totally endless. This deck goes on and on, there is no end to it. The Cards them selves are like a tunnel that doesn't end. Like a worm hole.

To understand each card one must look at them differently than other cards from different decks. This was my first step. This deck has a strange way of communicating to it's reader, I have tried this strange method on friends, family, and strangers. to see the results.

With success!

I am happy to share with you my personal findings. my personal notes I have made on each card. I will keep it as simple as possiable for everyone.

The Scapini deck likes to be looked upon as a 3D - superimposed image of images, within symbols and behind symbols.

yes it's strange but works.

I will post a card each time I am on here, I won't follow a system, like ( starting from the fool - the world or from cups - ace - 10 ) the deck tells me which card to work on at that moment. I will post them. lol I have learned not to argue with this deck. lol

minrice

Lady Iron Side said:
To understand each card one must look at them differently than other cards from different decks. This was my first step. This deck has a strange way of communicating to it's reader

I couldn't agree with you more Lady Iron! Much like the Thoth the Medieval Scapini is an entirely different animal! I very much look forward to your thoughts and all of your study on this deck as it is one of my personal favorites! The colors, the imagery, it's just so alive and different.

Pagoo89

Still studying?

Is there anyone who is still studying this deck?? I am new to tarot and started with this deck. I absolutely love it and find that while I am still studying and learning I am able to go off some intuition alone at times. Anyways, I would love to have someone more seasoned to bounce ideas off of in regards to this deck.

ana luisa

Is there anyone who is still studying this deck?? I am new to tarot and started with this deck. I absolutely love it and find that while I am still studying and learning I am able to go off some intuition alone at times. Anyways, I would love to have someone more seasoned to bounce ideas off of in regards to this deck.

I am not "seasoned" but am in the same situation as you. Just bought this gem and am in love with its messages and funky approach. There is one card that I would like to read more about because it keeps showing to almost all the readings I do : it's the 5 of Cups. What do you get from it ?

Pagoo89

I am not "seasoned" but am in the same situation as you. Just bought this gem and am in love with its messages and funky approach. There is one card that I would like to read more about because it keeps showing to almost all the readings I do : it's the 5 of Cups. What do you get from it ?

Yeah, I absolutely love this deck, it is beautiful and full of beautiful symbolism. That is interesting because I've been having a similar situation with the five of swords in this deck. I have pulled it repeatedly over the last few months. Do you have any extra insight on it?

In terms of the five of cups I have only drawn it once. What I got from it was that even though there are other key words, the art focuses on lost and regret. The ending of a relationship, the gathering of old friends/family. The boy with the cup of green liquid seems to point to possible envy either overflowing (being expressed)??? What do you think?

ana luisa

Yeah, I absolutely love this deck, it is beautiful and full of beautiful symbolism. That is interesting because I've been having a similar situation with the five of swords in this deck. I have pulled it repeatedly over the last few months. Do you have any extra insight on it?

I see this card as representing escapism. The swords with different handles allude to different problems he has to handle. But he prefers to lie down and smoke. The house could be his health or his actual house/family is in disarray and/or crumbling so neither his own self nor his surrounding are in balance or ok. Pretty grim picture I may say. Having said that, it is important to see what QUESTION was addressed when it showed up. Out of context meanings are always a bit tricky. ;)