Vanessa Study Group - XV The Devil

Allure

The Devil from Vanessa Tarot

What exactly is she doing? The Lwb says she is holding her lover captive. How is that implied? This is the first card pulled in my reading. It is supposed to represent my starting place and the hopes I have for "this" project. The reading was about my desire to get into acting. I don't feel I can finish the reading unless I know what she's doing. Any idea?

star-lover

woman as an enthralling temptress - in one review

she has him handcuffed to the bed :D

i guess its about the power of a woman? perhaps these are the kind of roles you would be good at - siren, temptress, powerful woman roles?

here is a picture, scroll down - cool card, cool deck :)

http://www.loveoftarot.com/vanessatarot.html

AJ

it is possible you could consider that you are the one chained to the project. Sometimes even the things that we really desire to do feel like a ball and chain. The gender of tarot card people is often immaterial to the reading.

satine

Allure said:
What exactly is she doing? The Lwb says she is holding her lover captive. How is that implied? This is the first card pulled in my reading. It is supposed to represent my starting place and the hopes I have for "this" project. The reading was about my desire to get into acting. I don't feel I can finish the reading unless I know what she's doing. Any idea?

I hadn't seen this deck before, but I just looked at the picture on that link. What a sexy image! My initial thought was that you have lost hope along the way, so your "starting point" has you feeling perhaps a bit lost and hopeless, but still desiring this goal. This particular image of the devil makes me think of compulsions, obsessions, giving into temptation, ... something you want very badly but that may not be the best thing for you. Since the man is handcuffed to the bed, there's also the feeling that this woman is finding ways externally to gain a sense of control that she may be missing internally (self-control). How does all of this relate to your desire to pursue acting? Whatever your insight, remember that this is your STARTING place, so you may need to look back to see why this is the case.

Allure

Oh my gosh! I'm so embarrassed. I thought I was going blind because I didn't see any man in the card. It is the death card that I pulled. I'll keep your responses in mind because there has to be a reason I was so caught up on the devil. Especially since I rarely get it. So what is this death girl doing? :)
A spell?

star-lover

Allure said:
Oh my gosh! I'm so embarrassed. I thought I was going blind because I didn't see any man in the card. It is the death card that I pulled. I'll keep your responses in mind because there has to be a reason I was so caught up on the devil. Especially since I rarely get it. So what is this death girl doing? :)
A spell?

:D

Shes smoking and holding a skull/candelabra with candles

Where do you see casting a spell?
I can't begin to interpret this card for your question, what does the LWB say

starrystarrynight

Maybe the combination of Death and the Devil is speaking to your problem (like you said, the Devil is weighing in your mind somehow...)

Not being familiar with this deck, though, I would base the following on what I have put together as a compendium of all decks' "meanings" I have worked with and say:

Perhaps, you are somehow obsessed with something that is delaying the start of your "project" somehow, and that you need to change big-time before you can hope to get the thing off the ground in a positive way??? Just a stab here...

p.s. I really like the looks of that deck! Very cool.

Rosanne

Hi Allure!
Well the skull in the left hand in a symbolic way- says of course Death; also it speaks of the Transitory nature of life- everything that lives dies- but is reborn- like a tulip bulb- grows, flowers, dies, its essence rises again next spring and the cycle renews. A skull can also mean the Moon and time (like a time for every season under earth)There is also those stands that bring to mind towers on the Moon card.
The Smoke makes me laugh- well the ads tell us it is death to smoke- I guess one might call it sulphur- the symbol of the Spirit- she is living a full life, while she has life- she is brave! She is daring! Her attitude seems to me that she is saying- this life is what you know thus far- live it! You do not know what tomorrow brings. I do not see that 'transformation' idea in this card.The candles speak of illumination not change to me.
~Rosanne

Mellifluous

I think her hair color (purple) and appearance in general suggest someone who likes change and finds it fun. She's the type to shake things up. She's ready for a little adventure - or a lot. It's nice to see a card/deck highlight that aspect - and with a human figure instead of a frolicking skeleton like we usually see. lol

She's also got a sexy kind of vibe, and some people associate sex and death.

6 Haunted Days

Hmmmm...with the imagery on this card and your question topic...

Maybe you're gonna have to sleep with the right person to get into acting?! :laugh: