Vanessa Study Group- Death

Hemera

No serenity here in this Death! There´s action and the woman looks even a bit evil to me.. She looks like she is in a cult meeting or something.. But I must admit that I like her! She holds the cigarrette (or is she doing drugs?) in the other hand and the skull in the other. It makes me think that she knows The Truth: "Eat right, Exercise, Die Anyway", so why worry too much about your lifestyle! })You will die anyway... There is *something* in this approach because the Western World has become over-anxious about all health issues..

Alan Ross

I absolutely love her scythe earrings! What a wonderfully subtle homage this is to the traditional view of a cowled or skeletal Death reaping souls by wielding his terrible scythe.

Alan

faunabay

I like her too, but at the same time she scares me a bit. What will she lead me into......nothing good I'm betting! }) We'll sure have fun doing it, but while she might come out the other side with no after effects, I doubt I would.

I love the red curtains behind her. Once those curtains are drawn who knows what happens behind them. And do we even want to know?

I really don't know why this strikes me this way but with her purple hair I see her as probably having some of the wisdom as the High Priestess but having gone "bad" with the knowledge. (shrug) That just struck me while looking at this card right now. Like she may have started out with good intentions, but was led astray herself. Then again the world does need death. Things would never change without it. Maybe she hasn't gone "bad"? Maybe she has just decided to take this path because it needed to "be". :)

Keavy McGee

Alan Ross said:
I absolutely love her scythe earrings! What a wonderfully subtle homage this is to the traditional view of a cowled or skeletal Death reaping souls by wielding his terrible scythe.

Alan
Nice catch, Alan, I did not see that until now!!

I have to quit saying this is one of my fave cards cause I'm saying that about all of them, but this is one of....:D

If Death is coming for me...and it is...I want it to come wearing lipstick and a belly chain. :party: It's just so much more fun than all slashy and grey and black and grim!!

But being as Death in this case usually isn't physical death, then I'm looking at this card saying, once this character gets in your life, things will never be the same, business as usual is over.

If you took her home to the parents, they'd freak. If you're her, getting a nice little ordinary day job is out of the question. She's a powerful reminder to me that she is here to shake up the troops, shake out the cobwebs, and wipe the slate clean. Something is gonna end in a big way, but what is going to come out of it and be born, that's what I want to know!!

O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory?​

I don't see this card so much as death=endings but more like death=things-will-never-be-the-same. Deal with it. :D

XOX

K:party:

Attachments

• XIII Death.jpg
    XIII Death.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 114

Sar

The card is from Hamlets "Horatio, I knew you so well", scene (shakesbeard). I interprete it as life is a play, and to act out one character/role you have in life, you need to "kill off" another one to convince other people (The representation of everyday self, Erwin Goffman).