LOTR in the Mayor Arcana

Eowyn

Re: LOTR deck Queens ...

Alissa said:
"Lady Eowyn symbolically subjugates the With-king's steed before decapitating it."

AH? Why did they use this image? OK its really strong, and there is no doubt that Eowyn is a queen, a daughter of Kings. But that is more like a moment, a big one, maybe should be used like a minor arcana one. Eowyn, until the moment she falls in love with Faramir, has a big queen swords behaviour. But she changes. The queen stays alone... with a big pain in her heart thats way she looks so serious always, looking back. Eowyn, as someone said in this thread, becomes The Star for her people. I think she founds The Star, and she changes for the better. SHe marries and live happy for ever!!!

ok. I admit it. Please... dont use her as this sad queen??

Ill do the writtings and send them next week.

Eowyn

lupo138 said:
...have to end up having Shelob as the Queen of swords

who was Shelob??

uuuu!!!..... the spider....! no. Better a humanoide for the queen.

lupo138

Re: LOTR deck Queens ...

Alissa said:
Queen of Swords -- "Lady Eowyn symbolically subjugates the With-king's steed before decapitating it."
Queen of Wands -- "Theodwyn, beloved sister of Theoden..."
Queen of Cups -- "Goldberry, wife of Tom Bombadil ... and water spirit"Queen of Coins -- "Luthien Tinuviel, the Elf princess who was the most beautiful ofa ll the children of Iluvatar (God), and the ancestor of Aragorn and Arwen."

Eowyn, Goldberry and Luthien are already busy in our Majors, if I remember corrrectly. So - if we do not take Arwen and Aragorn as Lovers Arwen would be left. Arwen could be Queen of Swords. And then there was that girl Sam Gamgie fancied for - she could be the Queen of Pentacles. If we counted Theodwyn (that I do not remember) in, she could be Queen of Wands - although this card should be more like a witch or a sorceress. Any suggestions for the Queen of Cups?

Eowyn

Queens ...

lupo138 said:
if we do not take Arwen and Aragorn as Lovers Arwen would be left. Arwen could be Queen of Swords.

I think we can use her, no matter we are using her with Aragorn. She fits very fine, because she ends alone. And perhaps we could still use them both as the lovers, or luthien and beren. Because the lovers is a partenership, both are involved.

We may free somehow the female chrcts from the trumps by using them within an action, and only as themselves in queens position. For example: Eowyn as the Star, could be one of her brights moments, when she shows herself in the battle, and alone can be a queen. Or "al revés", Galadriel in a special activity could become a Queen. Goldberry is more a queen to me than the empress.

Or else we are to dig into the silmarillion. Rosie... she is not a strong character, and theodwen... she is just there to give existance of eowyn and eomer. But she is described in the apendix.

lupo138

the Silmarillion will not be of any help regarding female characters, with the exception of Luthien and Melian that have already been taken in.
Wouldn´t it be nicer to have different characters on the Courts than on the Majors ? I agree with you about Rosie - but she is liked by the hobbits, she is very earthbound as all hobbits are, she is regarded as beautiful - why not make her queen ?

Eowyn

I was thinking while traveling on the bus... and finally understood and agree about Goldberrie. THere was an image of her, sitting in some kind of throne, with flowers under her feet and water i think.

Eowyn

what do you think?

As we have been very quiet this last days, I thought it came the time to choose where we have more than one posibilitie, asuming that where is just one, we had agree. Or we could vote for everyone. So, someone who has membership could make some polls to vote (as a Resident I cant post polls). It would be fun and it would close the cicle of the Mayor Arcana.

0 Frodo
I Gandalf
II Galadriel
III Galadriel, Goldberrie, Yavanna, Melian
IV Aragorn
V Fangorn
VI Arwen+Aragorn; Beren + Luthien
VII Fellowship
VIII Ëowyn
IX Bilbo, Tom, Fangorn(treebeard)
X The One Ring
XI Counsil of Rivendel
XII Frodo, Theoden
XIII Gandalf's fall
XIV Legolas+Gimli
XV Sauron, Mordor, Melkor, The One Ring
XVI Saruman/Isengard fall
XVII Eowyn, Elves Star (Galadriel's gift to Frodo)
XVIII Galadriel's mirror
XIX Eowyn and Faramir in Minas Tirith at the moment of the destruction of the one ring
XX Counsil of Rivendel, Mount of Doom
XXI The Gray Havens