Tarot Deck Creation Study Group

Hush

nightwalker: i already had a big buffy collection, though surfing aronud just picking up pics that might come in useful or that you just like does help a lot. i have a biiiiig file of buffy pics :D

i have done...12 cards now :)

one of my personal faves is the lovers 7 card...its pretty basic, but the image took a lot of work, my friend actually made it and said i should use it for the card. she had to get the two pics and put them together and then make them both look topless :D

im a complete sucker for xander/oz...

Attachments

• lovers7.gif
    lovers7.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 111

Major Tom

Hush said:

i have a biiiiig file of buffy pics :D

i have done...12 cards now :)

im a complete sucker for xander/oz...

I've always thought that one of the great things about the internet is you can find photos of just about anything you'd like to see. Let's leave the issue of why people would ever want to see some things behind.... I tend to think availability of photos a good thing. Ever try to find a photo of a lion? or a sphinx? :D

I like the look of your card Hush :) but I have to admit I never considered pairing xander and oz...lol They do look georgous together though...

How many different people are there working on a Buffy Tarot? The cards I've seen certainly all have the same 'feel'. It could be another collaborative deck. })

Does anyone know what the copyright issues are surrounding a Buffy Tarot?

Let's face it. :D There's a huge interest in a Buffy Tarot on the board (dare I say in the world?). This might be a deck to be made for publication... with the proceeds going to offset the cost of running the board of course. :D

Hush

re: major tom

thankoo :D

lol, xander and oz have quite a lot of fanfic written about them and stuff..theyre pretty popular. its definatly my favourite ship, hehe. they do look totally gorgeous together...

i dunno how many people are doing buffy tarot...as far as i know only me and the other person that posted..i only started mine because i wanted to try my own deck and just because i thought there was kind of something missing from the other persons.

atm im working on a oz as the hermit card...also i need to find my list of the numbers coz i changed them all around and wrote down what was what and now coz ive lost it i dont know..! hehe.

anyone else got any cards they can put up? id love to see some other people's stuff...

in the mean time ill put upanother card, heh. its really wanna hear what people think of them...

Attachments

• highpriestess.gif
    highpriestess.gif
    64.9 KB · Views: 107

Nightwalker

Hush said:
...really wanna hear what people think of them... [/B]

I for one really like your cards. You have given me the motivation to get started on mine.

Right now I'm trying to figure out the imaging program that's on my computer. Don't have anything like Paint Shop Pro but I think I can do what I want with what I've got. Who knows, maybe in a week or so I can have something put together.

Nightwalker

Hush

you could use paint? there are a whole bunch of programs you could use...you could just download a cracked paint shop pro 5 or 6 or something ;)

i cant wait to see what you come up with :)

Morgeinne

I think I've decided to do a computerized Harry Potter deck and just print them on the index cards...I'm a HP fiend so this should work :) (The Lovers is going to be Hermione and Severus, that's for sure, cause I'm a big Hermione/Sev shipper! hehe possibly sick I know) I may work on a ballet one separately. You guys have given me the inspiration to actually start on this! Thank you.

Morgeinne

Here's the first card for mine...let me know what you think (it's The Hermit: Severus Snape)...I am trying to decide whether to do Harry/Draco or Hermione/Severus for the Lovers...by the way, I'm not going to do them all blue, I just liked this one with the blue washout...

<3 Morgeinne

Attachments

• thehermit.jpg
    thehermit.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 115

Maan

O I love Harry Potter

And your card is beautiful!!!! Snape is my favourite! ( he's also that guy in Sence and Sencebility or was it Pride and Predudice?)

Good luck with your deck!

Liliana

I like Madame Pomfrey (i think thats right i may of got her mixed up) I mean the one whos only psychic sometimes hehe:) Shed be an interesting High Priestess

Hush

im not a huge harry potter fan, but i like that Morgeinne :)

the composition of images is good, and the font works well. also, the blue wash looks cool :)

i dont know much about the characters or anything, but i'll help best i can :)

maybe you could add a border to the image?