Cosmic Tribe - Priestess

kayne

http://www.stevee.com/images/t.mjr.02.jpg

The Cosmic Tribe Priestess is so calm and confidant! She draws inspiration from above and, leaving a trail of graceful hands, (kinda' 70's disco film clip style) she pulls it into her solar plexus.

She's balancing on a globe that shows a creasent moon although she stands in a very grounded, solid way.

What a powerful lady!

Scorpion

I love the movement in this casd - the Priestess is in the throes of stretching up (knees still slightly bent - cf the Star) and the arms swirling around her bringing the focus back to solar plexus then up through her body and out and round again. Her uplifted face and the purple rays indicate that she's paying attention to her inner voice and connection with the Cosmos. The resulting field is rich and beautiful - the orange poppies perfectly complementing the purple rays for total harmony.

Jewel

Following the Mary Greer format I have been using ....

WHAT DO YOU SEE? I see the HP dancing as she balances on the waxing moon. The moon is located in a field of wild flowers and is the gateway to a vortex which shows the sky and clouds within it ... the secrets behind the veil so to speak. The HPs dance has her arms raising and flowing down again as if demonstrating the completeness of the earth in all of her aspects. Her thrid eye is connected by a purple light to the mandala above ... purple symbolizing spirituality. Purple flowers shower out of the mandala. This card shows a connectedness between the divine, earth and ourselves as human beings.

WHAT COLORS DO YOU SEE? Purple, blue, green, yellow, organge, gold, white, silver.

WHAT SYMBOLS ARE THERE? The waxing moon symbolizing the ebb and flow of the moon cycles. The vortex ... pathway to knowledge, access to the other side of the veil. The color purple for spirituality. The mandala connecting the third eye of the HP ... the flow of divine consciousness. The purple flowers ... spiritual growth and fullfillment. The auras around the moon and vortex as well as around the HPs arm movement ... again about energy and cycles, enlightenment.

WHAT HUMAN FIGURES OR ANIMALS DO YOU SEE? A human woman.

DESCRIBE THE CARD IN TERMS OF AN EMOTION. HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT? spiritual and devine.

The HP card has always been one of my favorite cards. It is my soul card. This deck captures the spiritual sensuality I have always associated with this card.

Love & Light,

faunabay

Surprisingly enough, this is one a the cards I don't care for as much as the others. I like all of them so I'm not saying I hate this card, just don't like it as much as some of the others. I'm not really sure why.
I think it's the expression on her face. To me she almost looks like she's pouting!? And to me the High Priestess is more of an inner power card not outer action. And the many arms to me show physical action which is contrary to what this card means to me. I think it reminds me too much of the Magician card???!!! I look at this card and just don't see High Priestess!?!?
I would love to read some other thoughts though. Everyone has pointed out things I never noticed or paid attention to in the other cards. So maybe it'll happen with this one too.

Jewel

Hi Faunabay! Your post got me to thinking and something interesting happened in the process *LOL*. In the 78 DW study group we discussed a diamond formation where the Fool is card one at the top, The Magician and HP are cards 2 & 3 and are side by side below the Fool, and the World is the 4th card, located below the Magician & HP. The exercise took us to looking at the Magician and HP as the opposing parts of the Fool (male/female; active/passive, etc), which then re-integrate and become the dancer in the World card. Your observations were really neat to me, because it took me back to that exercise and reinforced it for me.

What if what the Cosmic Tribe cards are showing us is the HP and Magician at their highest point prior to re-integration and becoming the World? Granted in this deck the World card does not show the dancer, it shows the enlightenment at a high spiritual level to me ... but concepts to play around with all the same ... hmmmmmm guess I better go think some more on this.

Love & Light,

faunabay

You kind of lost me Jewel. What do you mean by "their highest point"? I mean the HP would still be inner knowledge wouldn't she, even at her highest point????

Jewel

~Giggles~ Okies that was a very poor choice of words on my part *LOL*. And don't worry, I think I also confused myself *LOL*. What I was trying to me the Magician is one of manifestation that is his art so to speak. The HP like you said is inward yet, to me, in some degree she is not all passive. She can remain inward while not always appearing totally passive. By highest point what I was trying to say is the point where the Magician and HP become one again to be the World card. This deck however does not lend itself all that well to do the Rachel Pollock exercise, and I think all I accomplished here was to confuse every reader of my posts, myself included *ROFLMAO*. If I can ever put this into words I promise I will. In the meantime I will desist from boring and confusing people any further. *LOL*.

Love & Light,

faunabay

OK Jewel, I have to admit you did confuse! LOL But you're never boring! ROFLMAO

kayne

> Cosmic Bump <

Jenny-Li

Jenny rambles about the Priestess

I'm growing more and more in love with this deck - even though I'm working through it very, VERY slowly. It is a true masterpiece and I think I may be on to my next use-deck here!

My analyses are growing narrower and narrower, but here goes anyway!

Priestess
The image:
On a blooming meadow a swirl opens up, reveiling a clouded summer sky on which a crescent moon is resting. On this moon stands the Priestess, dancing and raising her hands and here eyes upward, where a beam of energy reaches down to her crown chakra. She is completely oriented upwards, towards the Universe. The Universe greets her back with it's beam of energy and wisdom and insights. She is in symbiosis with the universe, one with it, understands its mysteries and secrets. Her own secrecy may consist in her knowing that you need to find out for yourself. She can only point the direction.

Colours:
Green earth, blooming meadow. Reminds of the Earth Mother, who is also her mother, and also connects her to her more grounded (?) sister, the Empress. She is her mother's daughter, although she has chosen a different path.

Light blue: spirituality, soul. Water - the pond of unconsciousness, in the traditional rendering of the priestess. Softness, passivity, waiting and seeing through the surfaces.

Purple: The colour of the crown chakra, stands for the connection with the spiritual Universe.

The colours generally send out a feeling of calmness, stillness and spirituality. The card sends out a very harmonic energy, more loving and less mysterious than other Priestesses I've seen...!

Symbols:
Her dancing hand movements are a ritual for connecting to the higher wisdom that is hers to share with the universe. The ritual also symbolises the deep love and respect that she has for the universe. The swirl of heaven on the meadow stands for the loop holes that allow her to bend the universe and perform her sacred magick. Just like everyplace is here, and every time is now, she floats through time and space to gather her wisdom and insight. The moon symbolises the dark side of femininity, for which she is the archetype.

Light and love,
Jenny :)