Anna K: XIX The Sun

Prism

It's sunny, alright. A bright, buttery sun fills the background of the card. What is unusual, to me anyway, is the family group that fills the foreground. Six people of varying ages, all dressed in the same beigy colored garments and wearing crowns. All smiling. There are no skeletons in this family's closet. It's kind of like an RWS 10 of Cups on steroids. Which is not to say I don't like it. There are lots of sunflowers too.

The family look like they could be in a procession. One woman holds a bouquet of sunflowers as if she were a bride, or as if they had all won a prize.

The Sun has been coming up for me a lot lately, and to me what it means, at least these days, is optimism and trust in yourself. The family, in this kind of interpretation, could show that you have gathered up all the disparate parts of yourself into an integrated and coherent being. You are what you are, and you can finally celebrate that and let the world see it all in the bright light of day.

Marirowana

The description of the Sun card in the previous post from Prism, is a description of the 'old' sun card, of the first edition.

The new card looks like this: Sun. I like the fact that there are no people in this new card, just like with the star and the moon. The sun is a celebration on her own, no people needed!

It is just the sun that is catching your eye. No people, just a few sunflowers and in the distance two hills with buildings and a few trees - presumably cypress trees. The sunflowerseeds are almost ready to harvest. There is a path, inviting you to take a stroll around the fertile hills, inviting you to dance in the sun. Enjoy the optimism of this card!

Be the sunflower, that follows the sun with his face. The sun invites you to look at the bright side of life, literally. The sun is also your inner light, you can shine to others!

Turn your face to the sun, and let the shadows fall behind you!

Attachments

• 1stSun.jpg
    1stSun.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 2ndSun.jpg
    2ndSun.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 193

flipperjane

Thanks for posting a link to the earlier edition card. It's interesting to see them both - I wonder why Anna changed it. I like the current card with the main focus being the huge sun in the centre of the card and indeed I was going to say something about following the sun too :)

There isn't anything else I can find to say about this card at the moment.

Harperhaven

I have the 1st edition sun with the people in it. I like the 2nd edition card because I love the sunflowers but my preference is still the 1st edition card with the family in it because I feel that it portrays how the energy of the sun affects everything and everyone within its reach. Guess it depends which card you get use to eh?