Quest Tarot - Card of the day

Khatruman

I did a draw with my Quest deck the other night, when word first came that aggressions have begun in Iraq. Note that I wish to learn this deck intuitively before consulting The Compass.

I decided to do a three card reading, meditating on how to handle the situation with my students. Card One would be concerned with my students' feeling: I drew The Three of Swords (reversed). Looking at the card, its deep blues and a large deep blue teardrop pierced by the swords, I thought of the sad and fearful feelings of my students. It was interesting to me that Joseph chose a teardrop, as opposed to the RWS heart. I saw that the issue here was, as the key word states, "mourning", yet reversed indicated to me that they might not understand this mourning, the significance of this war. I thought of how it is to us, a video game war, we are disconnected in most real senses to the war, watching it detatched from our televisions sets, where we can turn to "American Idol" with a flip of the switch.

The second card was an inquiry as to my part in discussing these situations to my students. I drew the Father of Wands (reversed). This is my significator card. I associate myself deeply with the king of wands forces. His key word is "intelligence", the man thinking, sitting on the book of knowledge. I definitely told me that my knowledge and understanding was important to them, my intelligence in helping them understand, but the reversal to me signified the importance also to listen to them, their feelings, what they thought. In fact, yesterday, I had them do their journal on their feelings about events, and found that they had some misunderstandings. One thought that a whole front line of our troops had been killed. I told them they must be careful about what they here during these times. They may hear some wild things, but they must truly weigh this knowledge and reason as to whether this is truth or not.

The third card was a question to the tarot. What can the tarot offer during these times. The card I drew was "Strength", which Joseph keys as "courage". The woman astride the roaring lion, not opening his mouth, but rather pulling down the blazing curtain of orange/red heat to unfold the deep stars beneath. Deep inner strength and courage is needed. One must ride the agressiveness, but seek more the inner strength of character, the deeper spirit of life. That is what the tarot offers, the deeper strength and courage, to ride out the agressiveness.

I hope this has made sense.

Peace.

raeanne

Katruman,
I was very impressed with your reading. I think your students should be very glad they have such a caring instructor! Kudos!

LaLaBella

The card that came up for me is the Father of Wands. This is my significator card for the one that got away. I released him emotionally quite a while back, but during the past week and a half, he has made a reappearance in my life via readings and dreams. I can take the hint, I'll drop him an e-mail this week and find out what's going on.

LaLaBella

Card for 23 Mar - 5 Cups, Disappointment
According to Mr. Martin - "...Being worried about the future..." Well, I'm U.S. military stationed overseas and my husband is has been deployed for 3.5 months. This makes sense :)
"...Regretting the past..." My life story...next
"...Having other people use me as their dumping ground..." Yep.

According to Collins Gem Tarot by Rowenna Stuart - "...This is a card of loss and disappointment, particularly with regard to personal relationships. The loss need not be current; it may have happened some time ago but the heartache caused by it is still fresh. Yet with a positive attitude, the Querant may overcome her regret and find hope and new direction in her current situation."

Hmmm...Since my husband has been gone, I've had a chance to sort things out. It's hard to when he's around because he has a very smothering personality. Anyway, since I've been assigned here, my life has been one bad thing after another. I haven't had a chance to grow in any of the ways that I've planned or accomplish any of my goals. Not one! This has been a source of great...angst for me. But about 4 weeks ago, for some inexplicable reason, I started to feel hopeful again. It's as if the sun is beginning to peep out after an extended rainy season. I know that the bad ju-ju is by no means over, but the cycle is reaching it's end. Maybe this card is reaffirming that. Or maybe I'm rationalizing...;)

that's it!

LaLaBella

24 Mar - 6 Swords, Science
Upright Excerpts
"...Being able to analyze any problem. Mental clarity. Clearly seeing all parts of the situation. Closely studying each aspect of the situation. Using your brain effectively."
Reversed Excerpts
"Study & observation is needed to shed light on the problem. Not enough information is known. You must dig deeper into the matter...Facts are currently hidden from you sight. Others may not have told you everything. Much is being witheld from you. People in your life want to keep you in the dark..."

I'll have to think more on this one...

JosephMartin

The Father of Wands

DollChica said:
The card that came up for me is the Father of Wands. ... he has made a reappearance in my life via readings and dreams.

The Father of Wands is an amazing card. For those who don't know what it looks like here's a brief description.

A golden male figure sits upon a huge open book. He looks like the great statue of the thinker. A large chain goes from the ground to the sky and the chain is linked to the great book.

In the background are two great pyramids. A line of burning torches is in the skyline. In the foreground are jars and cups. Some are overturned. Hidden in the living plants are a cat and a dog.

In the Quest Tarot, the Father of Wands (FOW) is all about the intellect. It is about how know can be it's own limitation. Sometimes we fence ourselves in by what we think we know. Intellect can only take us so far. Though it is a great tool it only serves us when we use it with our emotions and then our physical bodies. Starting here, you can then move to explore the "non-physical" aspects of what it means to be human.

The FOW is a creator of brilliant thought. His words can be sharp and not contained by how others may react. Generally this is someone who remains alone, lost in thought. Seriously lacking in any social skills.

The colors in the card are subdued.

For someone who has a scholar overlay on their personality, this card can be a wonderful significator card.

yours in the cards
Joseph

prk001

It looks like its time to revive this thread.

I would like to welcome everyone with the Quest deck to participate in this thread & give constructive feedback to each other so that we all can grow together.

I have already pulled a card for the day and I have noted my thoughts about the card.
I will wait till the end of the day to see how this card pertained to my day & post all of these later at the end of the day.

prk001

Mother of stones

My thoughts on looking the card:
The person in the center of the card is meditating and creating something on her womb. I see the universe materializing it for her externally while she is doing it internally. She knows that she is the centre of her Universe and hence the Universe is at her command. She looks like she has risen above the maze of life and knows what life is all about and at the same time deeply connected with the earth. She has balanced her creativity with abundance in both material and spiritual matters.

I did my first reading with this deck today for a friend(Just for prctice). Guess which card came in that reading. The First card in that reading was Mother of Stones. Well, at the end of the reading she told me that she asked a question which is related to what I am going through right now.

Well, that says it all. I have noticing signs lately that I need to go inward to find my path & answers and this is what the card signifies to me for the day.

Thanks,
RK

prk001

Father of Wands

This card shows me that the person here is making a major decision that will determine his life path. But, Whatever his decision will be, he will succeed and it looks like he knows this. He is just taking his own time to come to a decision and spring into action.

Well, at the end of the day when I see this posting of mine, I wonder whether I talked about or the card or myself in the sentences above.

prk001

Mother of Swords

This cards shows a person running away from the Universe. She looks like she always wants to be good rather than whole. She has to integrate her dark side also to face or look at the Universe and ride with the waves of the Universe rather than against it.

I have been lately resisting things so much probably the cards are saying that I need to relax.