Madame Endora Fortune Cards

Hathor

I hardly ever do readings for myself, I am arrogant in that I feel I can handle issues on my own without any help from anyone or anything. I have always done it that way. I am self sufficient and many people view me as a strong, stable, unflinching, hard as a rock kind of woman with a generous and kind heart, and excellent ear, ready to give advice and always ready to wish the absolute best.

My heart has been really heavy for some time now over an issue that has occupied my mind and emotions without abandon. I was sitting on my sofa just reflecting and thinking, my natural state when Madame Endora suddenly popped into my head. I have had these cards for well over a year and never used them outside of just looking at them and admiring the images.

I took them out of my chest, shuffled forever and finally laid out four cards for the Oracle of the Four Seasons. I was immediately reduced to tears and unconsolable. These beautiful cards addressed my feelings exactly and lashed a harsh truth I have always known but would not accept. They shook me up with their in my face attitude and let then let me go ever so gently.
I feel better now, but must still deal my bruised heart.

These cards made me smile, although they are paper and ink, we all know they are much much more than that. They beat me up and I admire them for it.

Hathor

divinemsm

These are going to be my next card purchase. They just have this feel of being like old gypsy fortune tellings, like you are sitting in front of some timeless romani woman with flowing shawls and lots of chiming bangles on her wrists as she asks in a thick accent "What do you wish to know?" To me, that is their allure. They are that reader who refuses to sugar coat the cards and reads you the harsh reality of what is and perhaps the hope for tomorrow.
Reading for ourselves forces us to look at what is really inside, and face the truth, whether we like it or not. Even if we lie to ourselves, the cards don't. They mean what they mean. Learning these truths allows us the chance to face them and to move on. I am glad that you have been given that opportunity.
Nameste

Brigid

BIG BIG (((((HUGS))))) Hathor!!!

I'm glad Madame Endora was able to help, I personally don't have or know these cards.

I wish you speedy and full healing! *big smile*

Soothsayer

This is a stunning deck with beautiful artwork and also very nice back designs. Glad to hear it went well for you.

HearthCricket

This is still my favourite oracle, though the Dragonfae is moving up, too! Madame Endora never fails me, even if she is harsh and straight to the point. That is why I love this oracle so much. She doesn't beat around the bush. She is all about honesty and looking at one's shadows.

Divinemsm is right. Whenever I work with this deck or read from it, I feel obligated to put on bangles and wear a shawl, dim the lights, light a candle and feel transported to a gypsy caravan, working for a carnival, in the 1920's. I love the mystery that surrounds it and its dependable accuracy!

Mellaenn

Yes (((Hathor))) hugs to you. As I'm sure you know, our emotions are powerful gauges that we can use to figure our lives out - but sometimes we need time to be in the emotion and process it before it can be useful to us. Sounds like the Mystical Madame has done exactly that!

I have this deck but put mine aside. I'm going to go grab it now and see what I come up with. If anything interesting comes up, I'll come back and post.

Love and light to you for the strength to deal with what is in your heart! :love:

hopena

I wish I'd bought this deck when I had the money to do so, and saw it in the bookstore. :)

My Deviant Moon Tarot, and Druid Plant Oracle, have had the same effect on me, recently... pointing out a harsh truth or two, but leaving me feeling better for it, instead of worse. :heart:

Hathor

Hello everyone and thank you so so much for wishing me well and sending hugs - I sure needed those and I ate them all up ! All your words of wisdom are heartfelt and have been stored inside of me. Also thank you for giving your own insightful thoughts on this deck. You know, every now and then I think about it and find myself still shaking my head, but smiling ear to ear. Remarkable and beautiful deck.

I have all the equipment to induce the Gypsy atmosphere except for the shawl ! Going to have to get one of those for sure !

I recently bought The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud and I wonder what they might have to say. Oh boy .... I've read many stories about those faeires here and I am intrigued.

The Deviant Moon is indeed another wonderful set of friends that pounce very quickly on the subject and tell it like it is. No mincing of words there. I love them.

The Dragonfae is on my wish list and will soon be getting those. You sold me Heartcricket !

Love and Light,
Hathor

Jewel

Hathor, thank you for sharing your experience. Like you, I rarely read for myself. I had been eyeing the Madamme Endora cards for a couple of years, and finally broke down this weekend and got them when I went to Tarot Garden and was able to look through the whole deck. They really do seem direct and lovely. I have not had the opportunity to use them yet, but your experience is very encouraging to me in terms of doing readings for myself.

Hathor

Jewel said:
Hathor, thank you for sharing your experience. Like you, I rarely read for myself. I had been eyeing the Madamme Endora cards for a couple of years, and finally broke down this weekend and got them when I went to Tarot Garden and was able to look through the whole deck. They really do seem direct and lovely. I have not had the opportunity to use them yet, but your experience is very encouraging to me in terms of doing readings for myself.

I'm glad my story has inspired you into possibly reading for yourself. As I mentioned, I know my heart and I knew the truth, but these cards, well, they certainly put things into perspective for me, clear and blunt. I needed that, and I know she was determined to say something to me, as she just popped into my head out of nowhere and made me acknowledge her existence. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

I do hope you enjoy Madame Endora and her friends and let us know of your experiences with them. The deck is beautiful and I love how they shuffle too.

Hathor