The Question of the Third Person

pasara

I agree the wording of the question and focus of the reading is and should be on the sitter. But another aspect of this is that the reading clues into the energy of the sitter, who is present, not for the other person, so what I believe you are really reading is the un-looked at inner knowledge the sitter has about the feelings of another. That is, the truth that the sitter knows but is having trouble consciously facing and dealing with. The synchronicity involved is theirs.

Calliope

Oy, after reading all of these responses I'm feeling slightly embarrassed, due to the fact that I just posted a question in one of the forums regarding a person other than myself. In short, I was wondering how a certain someone would feel if I were to ask him out.

While this may seem easy to answer (I know, I know, just ask him or get over it already!), sometimes my insecurities plague me until I'm half scared out of my mind by negative possibilities. My intention in asking the question wasn't to spy on him per se, or know his inner most thoughts. My intention was to try and decide if it was even worth a try. If by asking him would open a can of worms, I would rather not. And if the cards indicated that it wouldn't be beneficial to ask and just let sleeping dogs lie, then I would like a little warning if possible.

I don't know--maybe I'm just being defensive, but I honestly think intention has something to do with this.

nisaba

Calliope said:
In short, I was wondering how a certain someone would feel if I were to ask him out.
My intention was to try and decide if it was even worth a try.
Without even cracking a deck of cards, I can give you an answer on that one.

Of course it's worth a try.

What's the very worst that can happen? He tries to murder you on the spot? He charges at you with power-tools running? Sells you into slavery? He stalks you forever and murders your future grandchildren?

Do yourself a favour: worry only when the likely consequences are ones worth worrying about. Until then, chill.

gregory

Well - what will happen if I ask him out would be OK ! and would effectively be the same question.

irisa

gregory said:
Well - what will happen if I ask him out would be OK ! and would effectively be the same question.

Yes! you see that's it.

It's about question and focus "What will happen if I ask him out" is effectively the same as "How will HE feel if I ask him out" but the difference in perspective is I think huge. Plus I believe "what will happen" stands to give a clearer view of the real situation that "what will he".

To me the "I" is empowering it's about how I feel and that's the important factor. Insecurites are something we all experience at times but for me they aren't helped by thinking we know how someone else feels they're helped by knowing and understanding how we feel :)

irisa :)

stpcarly

I have no problem reading on things like that. I explain that the tarot can't read the persons mind, so I can't tell them what they are thinking; I mainly go with the energies that come off of that person towards the sitter. I will not however read on "will johns relationship with susie last?" and questions such as that. I explain that is a violation of their privacy and since it doesn't directly affect the sitter I have no right to look at it. Of course you'll have sitters who'll word it a thousand ways, all saying the same things, and I still refuse.

Fact is, people are going to ask how x feels about them, they've done it for centuries. And if the cards can show it to me that is fine. I don't feel I'm invading anyone's privacy by letting the sitter know that they are worth their time or not. I believe that if the other person doesn't want anyone to know what they think or feel about something, you won't see it. Just like if the cards show that someone is hiding something or has a secret, the tarot is not going to tell you that secret as it isn't the cards duty to tell us. At least that is how I feel about it, perhaps for others they can find out such minute details, but for me it just doesn't feel right.

gregory

irisa said:
Yes! you see that's it.

It's about question and focus "What will happen if I ask him out" is effectively the same as "How will HE feel if I ask him out" but the difference in perspective is I think huge. Plus I believe "what will happen" stands to give a clearer view of the real situation that "what will he".

To me the "I" is empowering it's about how I feel and that's the important factor. Insecurites are something we all experience at times but for me they aren't helped by thinking we know how someone else feels they're helped by knowing and understanding how we feel :)

irisa :)
Yeah - but also "what will happen" is not the same. He may say yes and feel sick after; he may say no and wish he had said yes.....!

BrightEye

gregory said:
Yeah - but also "what will happen" is not the same. He may say yes and feel sick after; he may say no and wish he had said yes.....!
So, you wouldn't ask that question either then? Scratches head... What would you ask then?

gregory

No - I WOULD ask that question; but I would NOT rely on the cards to tell me how he would FEEL about it (even if I were sure I could pick that up !) There is a difference !

Someone seemed to suggest that what will happen would also tell you how he'd feel; I don't think so.

BrightEye

Ah! Gotcha!