I wonder.....

Naneki

I don't care if it's a tarot deck or an oracle deck as long as we can buy it...soon?!?! LOL

gregory

If it is an oracle at least that will save me money :)

cirom

Oh dear Gregory, does that mean the most prodigious collector on the planet has already decided to not be a customer... I'm gutted :-(

Yes an Oracle. There have been ideas that I've been playing with since I was producing the first Tarot of Dreams, but simply could'nt find a way to incorporate them into the structure of a Tarot deck. In fact the structure, tradition and expectations of a Tarot deck were proving to be restrictive, and varying too much from that is problematic. I simply felt I could'nt do much more with it.

But an oracle provides a freer range, no Tarot Taliban to contend with. All the cards will be individual images in their own right that I might have produced anyway irrespective of their participation as part of a set of, so that in itself provides me with more license. The two cards shown here are two such examples, titled Release and The Alchemist on my web site, they will be called something else or rather have different keywords and titles associated with them as part of the deck.

There won't be suites per say, but rather categories, and layers of ways that certain cards might be grouped.

The purpose of including the cryptic title (which isn't legally for sure yet) in my previous post wasn't just to serve as a teaser, but to indicate a theme that will also run through the deck.
I hope that the all the images will be thought provoking and ideal for personal meditation as well, but beyond that several images will incorporate puzzles, riddles, double meanings etc. (i.e. the book highlighting the symbol of Taurus) These won't dominate or override though, it isn't meant to be a game, but I couldn't resist and one of the cards is titled "Frustration" and shows, probably a Jester, holding a puzzle of some kind. On one level its meant to represent just that, the human emotion of frustration, but it does'nt just depict it, hopefully it will actually create it. The puzzle will be for real, and there will be a real reward for solving it. A $1000 prize in fact.

Several cards already exist in draft form, but there is a long long way to go. There is no timetable for release at this point. I also very much doubt that a major publisher will be interested. So we'll see.....

P R ? ? 1 2

gregory

cirom said:
Oh dear Gregory, does that mean the most prodigious collector on the planet has already decided to not be a customer... I'm gutted :-(
Gregory loves your work (mostly and let's don't start. ;))

But gregory cannot afford to go after oracles as well as tarot. That's LIFE.

I have one oracle I was GIVEN years ago - and I am considering ebaying it.... I have a couple of Le Normands for reference purposes - and that's IT. Sorry, Cirom.... Have a cookie ?

cirom

Oh come on Gregory, as per the exploding restaurant scene in Monty Pythons movie.

Just one more deck...... go on......... just one

gregory

cirom said:
Oh come on Gregory, as per the exploding restaurant scene in Monty Pythons movie.

Just one more deck...... go on......... just one
Indeed. I just ordered two last night.... but - they are TAROT decks :)

As for that scene - if that was hoping to be enabling - I think you have the wrong attitude here.... I now feel rather unwell...... :( (That's actually the ONLY scene in any Python movie I don't like :D SO obvious and SOOOOO revolting.)

cirom

Ok then how about the scene of the Catholic family giving birth to just one more.....

Oh No, thats even worse..... sorry sorry sorry, forget I just said that.

Oh well I guess the sales will have to start with minus one......... bummer.

gregory

cirom said:
Ok then how about the scene of the Catholic family giving birth to just one more.....
I like THAT ! })

cardlady22

I'll spring for gregory's copy! })
So, the thread is unanimously signed up!

rwcarter

The Oracle of the Blind Ones, maybe? Regardless, I'm in :heart:.

Depending on when it becomes available and what the finances look like at the time, I might even buy two and gift gregory with one if she's been a good girl.... (Wait, in that case she might not get it then! :laugh: I'll have to come up with some other criteria.... ;))

Rodney