Casting horoscopes?

mokie

Hello! This is my first post to this board, and I really hope you kind folks will be the ones to finally answer this question for me.

I've been a student of astrology (etc.) for several years now. I know the planets, the signs, the houses, the aspects, I can take a natal chart apart blindfolded and put it back together in under ten seconds. ;) But as fun as interpretting natal charts is, I'd like to learn more about predicting.

I know many astrologers look down on the sun sign horoscopes you find in newspapers, but it doesn't make me any less curious about how it works. Can anyone tell me how it's done, or direct me to a place where I can learn?

jade

i've heard that predicting with astrology is next to impossible. i asked the same of my teacher and that was her response. i've never met anyone who knows more than she does........but that doesn't mean there isn't others around who do, i just mean that i don't know any of them.

best of luck with your desire..........i hope you find a way to accurately predict.

blessed be.
jade

jade

mokie (03 Nov, 2001 08:35):
Hello! This is my first post to this board,

welcome welcome welcome! :)

love and light,
jade :)

MeeWah

There are several methods employed for prediction in astrology of which the most common is the progressed natal chart. After deciding what year in the future the information is desired, the natal chart is progressed that number of years, using the rule of one-day-for-one-year. For example: if the birth date is 07-04-1976 & you want to find out about next year (1 year later), you add 1 day to the birthdate so that it is 07-05-1976. That date is used to draw up a horoscope chart, which becomes the progressed chart. The plantary aspects of the new chart are examined & compared to those of the natal chart.
Another method is to study the transits of the planets. The time is determined & an ephemeris is used to locate the exact positions of the planets. Their positions ae compared to those in the natal chart.
Keep in mind that astrology does not "predict" any more than Tarot does. Both deal with trends & possibilities.

jade

meewah,

i've heard that astrology cannot be used to predict since a planet crossing another planet 'can' mean something but it doesn't ever mean that something will definitely happen.

with tarot cards, i find the accuracy of them very high.

love and light,
???
jade

mokie

MeeWah (04 Nov, 2001 10:35):
There are several methods employed for prediction in astrology of which the most common is the progressed natal chart.

I was thinking of something a bit more generic--sort of a "This week, Scorpio" reading. I remember hearing something about solar charts, but it was in passing (and with some contempt for sun sign horoscopes), so I wasn't too clear on the procedure.

I thank you for the two methods you named--I've already grabbed two friends to try them out on.

I'm something of a Missouri Scorpio, I have to be able to take it apart and see how it works for myself. That's how I got into astrology and tarot readings in the first place...

AquarianGoddess

Having studied and taught Astrology for many years, I can tell you "predictiing" is never 100%.

I use "Transits" the most and do find them to be effective to tell what "trends" a person is under. Example..the Saturn/Pluto opposition that is in effect currently (and through most of next year) is affecting Pisces, Virgo, Gemini & Sagg (born within certain dates, not everybody of these signs). These aforementioned signs are going through some difficult times, purging what isn't working in their lives (or being purged from someone else's life, which is never easy). They will emerge stronger people.

To tell where your "Transits" are you need an Ephemeris, or check out one of the astrology sites online.

I also use progressions, but would not recommend them for a beginner, too difficult to understand.

There's also some good books one the market on "transits". And always remember, what's written in the books, is never Gospel! Good Luck

Aquarian Goddess

purplelady

I believe that ancient astrologers of past centuries predicted all kinds of things, and many Kings , royals , and rulers employed astrologers and relied on them. Of course they didn't have t.v. and maybe they didn't have tarot cards either!...............But they Always had the stars and planets!

jade

yes, but didn't they have the astrologists to counsel them on WHEN it was best to do things........not "is he going to attack our village" type of info.

astrology is great for "timing".

???
jade

nexyjo

i am much less versed in astrology than in the tarot - i am certainly only a mere student in either. for what it's worth, most of the writings on predictions in astrology that i've come across point to transits as the main tool. personally, i have no experience using transits, but many of the "experts" i've read about suggest it.
luv and light,
nexy