Knight of Pentacles feelings

Filipa

this is a card that i have been drawing a lot lately and specially with the magical forest
there are more decks that have this knight with a surprised expression so it makes me think of the 5 of swords kind of thing
what do you think this means about a person's feelings for someone else?

rwcarter

Grounded and earthy, but slow to build or be expressed.

Thirteen

Filipa said:
this is a card that i have been drawing a lot lately and specially with the magical forest there are more decks that have this knight with a surprised expression
I think his surprised expression is because the Knight/Pents is a practical, down-to-earth sort of Knight. The sort of Knight who has no romantic or passionate or unrealistic notions.

He is a humble knight who expects to slog through the mud, sleep on the hard ground, get saddle sores, go hungry, work hard and not be properly thanked. This means he's always taken by surprise when something romantic or passionate or fantastic happens to him. Even if that something happens on a very small scale.

So I think the Knight's feelings for finding himself in luck are those of the humblest--he is grateful, he is surprised, and he may not quite know what to do or feel because it's all so unexpected. But he will, certainly, value his good fortune as it ought to be valued.

Filipa

thank you guys

thirteen i absolutely loved your interpretation of this knight, i really never understood this expression on some decks

nisaba

Filipa said:
this is a card that i have been drawing a lot lately
what do you think this means about a person's feelings for someone else?
Slow to make a move - a bit afraid of change and the possibility of rejection it brings. Solid. Taken aback by overly full-on approaches (move slowly and gently!). Afraid of having to give up enjoyed habits or pastimes - may need to be reassured. Once won over, utterly loyal, even when things are going badly.

Grizabella

You asked what it might mean as his feelings for someone else and even though he may not be thinking he's always ready for sexual action or thinking about bringing you roses and romancing you or sparring with you intellectually, he's not incapable of loving you. In fact, of all the Knights, his love is probably the most likely to stick with you and hang in there for the long run. A Knight of Pentacles would probably be thinking in terms of admiring you for being a good cook, a good homemaker, and able to manage money well and being a practical thinker. He'd be considering whether you'd be healthy, able to have healthy children, strong enough to work alongside him and that you'd stick with him through thick and thin. His love isn't non-existent. It's definitely there. It's just the most down-to-earth of all the Knights. He'd be more likely to show it to you, though, by bringing you a set of home repair tools in a pink carrying case from Walmart than a bouquet of pink roses.

Lunar Siren

Yep yep! One of the things I like about this knight is his practical business acumen. He plans early in life to start saving and to spend wisely. He'll never blow his savings in Vegas or sink his last penny into an iffy or impractical "get rich quick" scheme... He will, however, back up anything he deems practical with that money he's been socking away since mowing lawns in grade school. There's a lot to be said for that. As a business partner he may seem stodgy stuffy unwilling to go with the "trendy", but in the long haul there's a lot to be said for that, too... Animal husbandry. He will nurse a wounded creature rather than to have it put down due to expediency. What a guy!

Ronia

Um... To add a bit of salt to the cake, he may be boring, so slow that you may forget about him before he acts, and sometimes he just doesn't act at all. Been there, saw it. He may be extremely and unpleasantly stubborn as well. Stuck there and not moving in any direction regardless the arguments brought to the table. Not the greatest lover either. Of course, these are all generalizations and a card can not possibly describe fully anyone. :)

Lailai

Um... To add a bit of salt to the cake, he may be boring, so slow that you may forget about him before he acts, and sometimes he just doesn't act at all. Been there, saw it. He may be extremely and unpleasantly stubborn as well. Stuck there and not moving in any direction regardless the arguments brought to the table. Not the greatest lover either. Of course, these are all generalizations and a card can not possibly describe fully anyone. :)

Lol..
spot on. This knight is probably riding a pony because he's very slow compared to other knights.. At least the knight of cups' horse is walking or showing a movement.. but this one is a standstill.

rwcarter

Lol..
spot on. This knight is probably riding a pony because he's very slow compared to other knights.. At least the knight of cups' horse is walking or showing a movement.. but this one is a standstill.
Comparatively, the Pentacles are usually seen as being the slowest moving of all the Courts. So while the Kn might seem to be at a standstill from the other person's view, he's moving (albeit slowly) from his own perspective. He is definitely the tortoise and not the hare....

Rodney