Favorite Playing Card Divination Books

amethyst57

anyone else use Leann Richards' "the Oracle of Love" for playing card readings?

DownwardSpiral

The Oracle of Love

Hey rockersgurl I have this book but only did one reading from it. It's been awhile ago but the reading made sense to me.

Every so often I think about this book and the desire to work with it more.

I would love to hear if anyone else uses this book.

So many interests......so little time : )

annika334

Hi rockersgurl,
I've got LeeAnn Richards Oracle of Love and like it a lot. But I use other systems, too.

amethyst57

won't use oracle of love book til i get my Stokes playing cards...
reverses are more obvious, so i won't have to mark my cards...

annika334

My problem with Richard's system is that it works pretty well if you are asking about relationships and emotions and so on (the title is "The Oracle Of Love" after all) but I can't work with it when asking about other subjects ....

I have an extra deck I have marked with reversals and use it only for this system :)

amethyst57

annika334 said:
My problem with Richard's system is that it works pretty well if you are asking about relationships and emotions and so on (the title is "The Oracle Of Love" after all) but I can't work with it when asking about other subjects ....

she does have sections, she calls "Circumstances" for uprights and reverses...
sound like they'd work...

annika334

I think the meanings in that section are too vague and can't use them in my readings. But I mean, the title is "Oracle of Love" and the meanings for emotions and love are really very detailed and well explained, so I use the system when I want to gain insight in a relationship-question and that's all.

I tried to develop more in-depth meanings for other circustamnces by myself but then I gave up and got back to my old system for job readings and so on.
Anyway, I think some effort would be worth, I'll probably try again.

Belinda2

rockersgurl said:
Jonathan Dee's "Fortunetelling with Playing Cards"
I heard this was a good book for someone starting out like I am, too bad the bookstore near me is out and I have to buy it on line.