"Pimp my Rider!"

MysticalMoose

Thanks for the tip Canid :D - I'm ITCHING to have a go!!!!! :D

Rasa

There's a big part of me that wants to know what a RWS would look like if it was painted over entirely with opalescent nail polishes in varying colors which were somewhat similar to the colors underneath, and if it was done really neatly and stayed inside the lines... *drooling at the possibilities*
Or perhaps a BOTA could be painted in that way?

Damn you all and your bad influences... now I'm going to have to go out and look for nail polish soon....

AJ

It would be an Illuminated that you can afford...

Jackpot at the dollar store, yes they do have glitter polish, no yellow iridescent like I wanted but I got green gold silver (yum) and a gorgeous red.

Next door at Sally's beauty supply all polish is buy two get one free, so I chose some neat colors from the .99 cent baby bottles, a very cool blue, a lavender and yellow, and three others. Not sure if they will look like glitter or iridescent, but I can hardly wait to get to getting.

Brigid

AJ said:
Has anyone used PearlX? I've got some in 5 rich jewel colors, but I've never used it anywhere so I'm not too clear how it works.

I've used Pearl X, I bought a unpainted Illuminated a while ago and decided to do my own. :D

I mixed it with matching watered down opaque acrylics. It worked beautifully!
I can't post a pic unfortunately, as a friend fell in love with it and it now lives with her. Well worth the effort though.
It ended up looking like an iridescent version, I'll have to do another deck and try adding the glitter too I think! I just need to hunt down a very fine glitter. :)

AJ

So the PearlX just needs to be mixed with some kind of liquid?

Brigid

Yep!
I guess you could use just about anything, but it certainly worked well with the opaque acrylics. Mixed just the tiniest amount of the PearlX with it, then kept adding water to keep it thin.
I started off using thinning medium, but water seemed to work better in the end.
Then lots of coats of spray fixative. LOVE that stuff, so handy.

MysticalMoose

OMG!!!! :bugeyed:

Sounds fantabulous!!!!! :D
This is something I have GOT to have a go at..... I'm going to rootle thru my decks this morning & find out a likely candidate for "pimping"... I've got a few in mind already but need to look properly before jumping in "glittering wildly" :eek: then tomoro I shall pop to the cheap beauty store & stock up on glittery & pearlescent supplies along with a couple of very fine eyeliner brushes too! EXCITING!!! :party:

MM :love:

shadowdancer

I was sooo looking to have a go at this with the peel off gold/silver borders and corners, but not sure now which deck to go with. The Medieval Enchantment deck looks like it would work beautifully but:
a) I don't have it
b) being out of print it would be sheer madness to do it even if I did have it.

The Illuminated was an idea, but now?? no way....lol. It looks stunning as is, and the glitter will be more than enough.

So, what do I have to consider......

well having gone through my collection not sure I have anything really that would lend itself well. Possibly the Fantastic Menagerie.

Glad to see others have had heaps of fun with this. It seems to be turning the occasional forlorn deck into one that is now kicking a*s.

Davina

MysticalMoose

after some thought.....

Well.

So far - my "Potential-Pimpers" are:

Radiant Rider Waite ( I really like the idea of this cus it's quite "luminous" already with some great colours in it which would lend themselves well to a bit of pearl & glitter :) (OK a LOT of BLINGBLING :laugh: )

Trimmed Robin Wood. again has good colours & I don't use it becus I regretted trimming it so a bit of glittery pimping may give it a new lease of life...

The Hudes is a very gentle looking peaceful deck that would I think look nice with few pearly accents here & there, no glitter tho....

If I had a duplicate Steele Wizard I would love to add a bit of BLING to it... but until I can afford another copy I think I'll leave it as it is!

FUN!!!! :D

canid

AJ said:
It would be an Illuminated that you can afford...

Jackpot at the dollar store, yes they do have glitter polish, no yellow iridescent like I wanted but I got green gold silver (yum) and a gorgeous red.

Next door at Sally's beauty supply all polish is buy two get one free, so I chose some neat colors from the .99 cent baby bottles, a very cool blue, a lavender and yellow, and three others. Not sure if they will look like glitter or iridescent, but I can hardly wait to get to getting.

Who says you're not an artist?! I mixed some iridescent with a bit of glitter polish for areas I didn't want overwhelmed with glitter. The hardest thing was keeping it from drying out on my pallet while I worked. My Sally's has the same deal! You got green? I need to go to the Dollar Tree. I need green. I got the real tall bottles at Sally's with the long thin brushes.