Astro Mythological Lenormand ~ Methods by Dicta & Françoise

MareSaturni

rif said:
I kinda hate to ask... but would you be willing to share any more of your hard-won knowledge on using this deck?

Thank you for what you've posted. :)

Hi Rif!

Yes, I had forgotten about this thread! So really sorry :bugeyed:.
I'll get my books again and start sharing the others methods they teach for reading with the Astro Mythological!

Thanks for reminding me :D

MareSaturni

Astro Mythological Lenormand ~ Methods by Dicta & Françoise [part 2]

Whew! Long time no see! Finally I stopped being lazy and decided to post the second way of reading the Grand Jeu Lenormand, according to Dicta & Françoise. It can be found in their book Le Tarot de Mademoiselle Lenormand, published by Mercure de France.

SECOND SITUATION: When you read the Lenormand for a present querent

The method is similar to the first one. You get your querent's name and surname, and find it's number. If you do not remember how it's done, read again the first situation, in which you'll find Mlle Lenormand's "hidden alphabet" and see how you calculate the your "name number".

This time, however, instead of adding the birth date to the "name number", you add the number of the day in which the reading is happening. Complicated? Nah! Let's use an example again!

~*~

EXAMPLE:

Let's use John Smith from the last case. If you remember well, his "name number" is 12. Last time, we added the birth date because John Smith was reading for himself. Now John Smith is our client, so we add the date of the reading instead of the birth date.

Today is October 10th 2010.
Day = 10
Month = 10
Year = 2010

First we add the day and the month numbers:
10 + 10 = 20

Then we add the year! Remember that for the year you always add the individual digits, NEVER the whole number!
2 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 3

And today's number is...

20 + 3 = 23

Now, you add it to John Smith's "name number":

23 + 12 = 35

The deck of cards has 52 cards. If you get a number that's bigger than 52, you keep adding until you get a smaller number. In this case, we got 35, which is already smaller than 52, so we stop here.

~*~

Its works in the same way as the first method. This number means that you need to count off 35 cards from the top of the deck, because the 35th card holds the answer to your querent's question! Don't forget to shuffle the deck prior to that!

If you had already understood the first method, this second one was piece of cake, I'm sure.

Next time I'll be back with the third case, in which you read for a querent who is not present, but who has asked for the reading. Expect more tables, more examples, more John Smith and... more tricky mathematics... ;)