Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks (Expanded Thread)

strings of life

Chiska said:
*giggle* I will post pictures of your old Harmonious if/when I make it all pretty like Brigid did!

I am still having trouble finding a small corner snipper thing, though.
Ha ;)! See my response below to Le Fanu Re: a small corner rounder.

Le Fanu said:
...I dream of a corner trimmer that just rounds off a tiny amount. Mine's a bit big...I cannot find a smaller one...
The corner rounder recommended by FairMaden in this thread is amazing. It rounds corners ever so slightly.

Brigid said:
Absolutely! Some gold touches on the images would look really lovely!

I was admiring your Steampunk the other day, thinking the same thing about that one. :D

I'm planning on doing the same thing to my professional gloss one, with the staining. Then using the rub n buff (silver maybe) on the edges, plus painting into the images slightly...
Great minds think alike ;); I have a pearlescent gold shimmery ink pad and am considering using on the card edges, but I'm not sure. I love the aged look and am quite pleased that it came out as well as it did. It looks like it is truly an aged deck, with different hues of cream and brown.

MoonGypsy rounded the corners on my Steampunk (mine came via a trade with her).

strings of life

Brigid said:
Psst! Chiska... Look at my post above to Le Fanu. :)
And I just posted about the same size corner rounder :laugh:!

Le Fanu

These corner rounders seem easy to find in the U.S but I prefer a European/UK supplier. I did think of putting an ISO in trading...

Cassandra022

finally finally got the balls to try trimming my Revelations deck...surprisingly scissors seem to work better for me than paper cutter device thing...i'll post pictures when i'm done :0

Brigid

Le Fanu said:
These corner rounders seem easy to find in the U.S but I prefer a European/UK supplier. I did think of putting an ISO in trading...

Here they are! This is the seller I purchased mine from. Very nice to deal with too from memory.

Brigid

Cassandra022 said:
finally finally got the balls to try trimming my Revelations deck...surprisingly scissors seem to work better for me than paper cutter device thing...i'll post pictures when i'm done :0

I'm strange, I usually use scissors for the top and bottom and the guillotine for the sides. Just breaks up the whole process for me.

Pics! Definitely want to see pics.. :)

I'm getting ready to do my next deck the Tarot of the Thousand and One Nights.
The Harmonious was sort of a practice run for this gorgeous deck.

Cassandra022

yeah, my issue with the guillotine is that, when it goes right it may be more even, but when it doesnt the potential for major error is much greater. mostly that was it not cutting enough and me having to fix with scissors anyway, but i got scared of it going other way and cutting into the card. so after like three cards just went with scissors. not so bad once i got the hang of it. only a few cards left now so pictures soon, inshallah.

i can see why you guys go on to do it to so many decks. the first card is horrifying, and like omg it isnt perfect, but all in all, it comes out fine and the cards look so much nicer without borders. like some decks the borders go well, but others...so much nicer without.

Brigid

They look FANTASTIC Cassandra!

I'm not familiar with that deck, but I looked up the images before the snip. :)I really like the way they look now. Love that 6 of Swords!

Chiska

Brigid - could you please post a pic of what the Harmonious backs look like after being trimmed. That is always my biggest concern, for some reason!