Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks (Expanded Thread)

Kissa

Vision Quest

I trimmed my sister's Vision Quest http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vision-quest/.

I trimmed following the white borders of the back (the fading part of the pic on the front also got trimmed in the process) then I also cut the keyword.
The card titles are at the bottom of the picture and I kept them. Her deck is in French and somehow, unlike on the English version pictured here, the card title is on the first line, the second line is devoted to the keyword.
On the majors, I only have the number now. (Btw I hate the IXX as 19 for the Sun, such a weird roman numeral!!??)
On the minors, I have "Seven of Fire", "Father of Water" French translation.

I will try and make some pics.

K

strings of life

Trimmed Tarot of Vampyres

I trimmed my Tarot of Vampyres. I used my rotary trimmer and a 5mm corner rounder.

I love how it looks and like I say about most of my trimming projects, it makes the colors pop. I trimmed the side and top borders, but left the bottom which had the title.

You can see the deck with the borders on the Aeclectic page in the link.

I love how it came out. But then again, I love to trim decks!

Attachments

• trimmed-tarot-of-vampyres.jpg
    trimmed-tarot-of-vampyres.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 419
  • tarot-of-vampyres-the-priestess-fortune-the-sun-trimmed.jpg
    tarot-of-vampyres-the-priestess-fortune-the-sun-trimmed.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 373

Le Fanu

Looks good.

Funny, that bottom picture makes Fortune look longer than the Sun...

strings of life

Le Fanu said:
Looks good.

Funny, that bottom picture makes Fortune look longer than the Sun...
And they are all the same size! Maybe I'll take a better photo. You are right about the way it looks!

ETA: I posted new photos. I realized how hard it was to put own perfectly straight cards :laugh:. I think I am still off my a few mm too, ha.

Cassandra022

Posted in the gilting thread, but here be a pic of the aquarian trimmed to add to the database...

Attachments

• aquarian3.jpg
    aquarian3.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 783

Chiska

*trembles*

I have purchased implements for deck mutilation, er, beautification.

A trip to JoAnne's netted:

4 patterns (99 c each!?)
2 zippers (for crochet bags)
10 snaps (for sewn bags)
1 pair new fabric scissors
3 "fat quarters" for lining crochet bags, and for "stash"

----and----

1 Fiskar 2-in-1 corner Punch.
1 Fiskar Portable Paper Trimmer (12-9893)

These are not the exact things for this thread, but they were affordable and here now. The trimmer is not rotary, but has an "I" style blade. The corner punch needs a bit of practive, but it does both a large corner AND a small corner. It was 5.99 on sale. The trimmer was 12.99 on sale.

The intended victim, er, project, will be the DruidCraft. It will be brought to a manageable size and will not have any words or border at all!

Stay tuned....

Chiska

I have done one card. It was nerve-wracking. However, the earth did not stop on its rotational axis, so, I must be on the right track.

Doesn't matter now, as it would be difficult to shuffle 77 monstrous card and 1 small, easy to handle card.

Noted that the images are a wee bit off centered. Not much, just a tiny bit such that there was a tiny strip on one long edge and one short edge.

ETA: the corners look MUCH better in person than they do in the scan. When I finish, I shall take a photo, which will show the corners better.

Attachments

• trimmed4.jpg
    trimmed4.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 576

Cassandra022

congrats on taking the plunge, chiska. i'm currently gilding the edges of my druidcraft, will also post pics when i'm done. in my case i kept all the short/vertical stone borderss and titles, got rid of the long/horizontal ones. lol i like my titles on cards.

anyway, good luck with the rest of the deck, i'm sure you'll love em :]

Chiska

Cassandra022 said:
congrats on taking the plunge, chiska. i'm currently gilding the edges of my druidcraft, will also post pics when i'm done. in my case i kept all the short/vertical stone borderss and titles, got rid of the long/horizontal ones. lol i like my titles on cards.

anyway, good luck with the rest of the deck, i'm sure you'll love em :]

Can't wait to see the gilded DruidCraft!!

I cut everything off because I don't really pay attention to the card title when I read. Especially with the DruidCraft.

Carla

Kissa said:
I trimmed my sister's Vision Quest http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/vision-quest/.

I trimmed following the white borders of the back (the fading part of the pic on the front also got trimmed in the process) then I also cut the keyword.
The card titles are at the bottom of the picture and I kept them. Her deck is in French and somehow, unlike on the English version pictured here, the card title is on the first line, the second line is devoted to the keyword.
On the majors, I only have the number now. (Btw I hate the IXX as 19 for the Sun, such a weird roman numeral!!??)
On the minors, I have "Seven of Fire", "Father of Water" French translation.

I will try and make some pics.

K

Kissa, I would love to see pics of the trimmed Vision Quest! Do post soon please! (BTW, it should be XIX. As far as I know IXX is just flat out wrong.)