The World as "the one" - relationship

GRAFLIX1

Also, if I may add. You are running the risk of interpreting the cards from an emotional angle.

Why not put the cards away, sniff the roses, and feel how wonderful the "moment" is!

Just a suggestion.

amateur

I once had the World as the outcome of my relationship and it unfortunately meant "it 'll be over'"...Of course, then i was somehow "innocent" (HA!) and i took it to mean "great things for us" [You know, the best card of the Majors etc, etc ... ]. How very W R O N G!!!
Now that i am somehow more experienced and - of course - i follow this site and your helpfull thoughts, i see the World with a "certain amount of suspicion ..." moreover i tend to dislike it!

STILL, i do not get it: why haven' t we got the Tower or (better) the Death as an outcome for the end of the relationship??????? Could anyone give me a satisfactory answer, please???

starrystarrynight

amateur said:
STILL, i do not get it: why haven' t we got the Tower or (better) the Death as an outcome for the end of the relationship??????? Could anyone give me a satisfactory answer, please???
I wonder if it might be a case with the Tower or Death that the relationship ends, but without real [emotional] closure...at the moment. With the World, closure occurs, and the people can move on to the beginnings of their next "cycles" with the appearance of the Fool card.

Just a thought...

amateur

starrystarrynight said:
I wonder if it might be a case with the Tower or Death that the relationship ends, but without real [emotional] closure...at the moment. With the World, closure occurs, and the people can move on to the beginnings of their next "cycles" with the appearance of the Fool card.

Just a thought...

I would see this vice versa, i.e. the Death i= is all over,that' it, period!
the World ... a phase is over, who knows for the next...
How about this???

starrystarrynight

amateur said:
I would see this vice versa, i.e. the Death i= is all over,that' it, period!
the World ... a phase is over, who knows for the next...
How about this???
Death also has an element of change and transition, I think--sometimes that something dies so that something else can grow, as in the cycle of life. But I can certainly see Death as final, as well. It's death, after all. :)

And, also, this is just a discussion of the possible "meanings" of a given card (World, in this case), so that is not to say that others (like Tower or Death) cannot contain overlapping elements, too.

But I agree with you that the World as the Outcome card in my relationship readings (for others) more often than not also has meant that the relationship completes and ends--at least for the scope of the particular reading.

Edited to add:

Coming back to this to say that most people who come to me for relationship readings do so because their relationships are already in trouble, so that can also account for the World suggesting completion in a lot of my readings. Certainly, I don't mean to imply that this will always be the case, though...

Mellifluous

amateur said:
I once had the World as the outcome of my relationship and it unfortunately meant "it 'll be over'"...Of course, then i was somehow "innocent" (HA!) and i took it to mean "great things for us" [You know, the best card of the Majors etc, etc ... ]. How very W R O N G!!!
Now that i am somehow more experienced and - of course - i follow this site and your helpfull thoughts, i see the World with a "certain amount of suspicion ..." moreover i tend to dislike it!

Indeed. Sometimes I wonder how certain cards got their reputations as 'great' or favorable cards. You'd think over time inaccurate meanings would fall by the wayside.

tarotcardrose

You have to be very careful reading for yourself (if it is the case here) in love. You will tend to see what you want in the cards. Perhaps do an exchange with someone on here. Remember, nothing is set in stone. I would ask, perhaps, what will I learn from the relationship.

GRAFLIX1

Extract by AMATEUR:

-------------
Reply:
Many cards within a deck, infer an end of sorts. When friends begin to debate the accuracy, per se, of the tarot and site a classic example, such as: "What if you did a reading one moment and then did them again?" To which I usually reply that the cards will still indicate the "GIST" of the theme.

In conducting a self-reading, be aware that you have to transcend the all too human response of emotional intervention. If the death card or devil, for example, or any other card for that matter, to which you perceive incongruous to an outcome of applied hope, I suggest you succumb to the powers, be they deleterious or not. Some call this as being guided by their personal angel.

Hope is for the feeble minded. Your cards are your angel, your friend. No card is BAD - any acrimonious feelings towards any card stem solely from a typical Westernized upbringing.

Befriend every card!

amateur

...Your cards are your angel, your friend. No card is BAD - any acrimonious feelings towards any card stem solely from a typical Westernized upbringing.

Befriend every card![/QUOTE]

Sometimes i tend to believe that the cards - when they gave me World as an outcome and not Death or Tower - were somehow "gentle" to me, tried not to disturb me...
either way, it was quite a shock!

littlestar222

in my experience

What do you think if you pull The World for an outcome for what will happen with you and a person? Like: Is this person for me?

I think The World is the final stage of everything. When the World makes itself known in the tarot deck you can be completely sure that true self-awareness and love of Life has been found.

So my point is, just like people, the cards can show aspect of positivity and negativity. they can also simply mean change... look at the surrounding cards and your current situation and above all know that things can change (reading can change)... IMO nothing is set in stone. Wishing you love and light. <3