The Book of The Law Study Group 3.14

Aeon418

Right Relationship

Verse 14 - Nun - Atu XIII Death.

Nun(50) + Verse(14) = 64. DIN, Justice. (Compare with verse 12 - Lamed)

III x 14 = 42. The number of Assessors of the Dead in the Hall of Maat.

Nun spelt in full is 106. Add the verse number(14) = 120. This is the value of the letter Samekh and an important number in the Golden Dawn 5=6 ceremony via the association with Christian Rosencreuz - Post CXX Annos Patebo. (I'm sure brightcrazystar will have something to say here. ;))

This suggests the progression from Neopyhte to Adept in the Golden Dawn. Or from Neophyte to Zelator in the A.'.A.'. grade structure. (Crowley's own Zelator ritual that is equivalent to the GD 5=6 was called Liber CXX Cadaveris or The Ritual of Passing through the Tuat.)

During the A.'.A.'. Neophyte 1=10 stage the aspirant's Nephesh is strongly empowered and enflamed through his/her practices, often resulting in a sky rocketing sex drive. By the time the aspirant reaches Zelator 2=9 (roughly equivalent to GD 5=6) the Ruach and Nephesh will have established right relationship with each other. I think this will be significant when we come to the word Concubine.

On to the verse itself.

In the previous verse we were told, But not now. In this verse the use of the word hour indicates time, obviously! Change and Transformation only happen through time.
The blessèd Beast and the Scarlet Concubine will see this hour. Concubine is a strange word. It basically means sex slave. This leads me to believe that here the Beast and Scarlet Concubine represent Ruach and Nephesh that have yet to establish right relationship. Note in verse 22 it says, "Beast & his Bride". A concubine is not a bride.
Cuncubine -

1. a woman who cohabits with a man to whom she is not legally married, especially one regarded as socially or sexually subservient; mistress.

2. (among polygamous peoples) a secondary wife, usually of inferior rank.

3. (especially formerly in Muslim societies) a woman residing in a harem and kept, as by a sultan, for sexual purposes.
Atu XIII Death indicates three stages of the transformation of the Sex Force. The Scorpion seeks self destruction. The Serpent undulates between Life and Death. And the Eagle represents exaltation above matter. The word Concubine suggest the lower Scorpionic relationship with the Nephesh. (Compare with AL II:26.)

In some of the posts in the previous thread the Holy of Holies was mentioned. This can be interpreted in a sexual sense on several levels. The Holy of Holies is the the first Heh in IHVH. The Nephesh is the Heh-final. One day she may become Bride and Mother. But not if she is only used as a sex slave.

Grigori

Grigori said:
"But not now" seems a funny kind of thing to come in the RHK chapter. Waiting doesn't seem like something that RHK would be very good at. Even less something that he would be encouraging others to do. My conception of RHK is more like the guy saying "just hurry the **** up and go do it now you pathetic procrastinating looser!" :laugh:

And of course if someone says "not now" I immediately resort to the same reply my poor mother got every-time she told me "maybe later"....

Little Grigori said:
WHEN THEN!?!?! :mad:

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?....

My reading is much less fancy than Aeon's but I'm struggling to read this line as anything other than "You'll know when you are older Son"

Aeon418

Grigori said:
My reading is much less fancy than Aeon's but I'm struggling to read this line as anything other than "You'll know when you are older Son"
Maybe 120 years older. Can you wait that long? :laugh:
Fra: Hodos Camelionis, what is the symbolic age of the Aspirant?

"Introducer:" His days are 120 years.
[The "Third Adept" further explains this as follows:] This refers to the five grades of the First Order, through which it is necessary for the Aspirant to have passed before he can enter the Vault of the Sacred Mountain. For the three months' interval between the grades of Practicus and Philosophus is the Regimen of the Elements; and the seven months interval between the First and Second Orders symbolises the Regimen of the Planets. While the Elements and the Planets both work in the Zodiac, so that (3 + 7) x 12 yieldeth the number 120.

Aeon418

The word "hour" in this verse sounds like the Hebrew word for light, AVR.
AVR is 207. Oddly enough so is the Hebrew word for Scorpion, AGRAB. (XIII Death)

Bearing in mind the initiation theme mentioned before it reminds me of a particular quote from the Neophyte ceremony.
Let me enter the Path of Darkness and, peradventure, there shall I find the Light.
Also the 207th verse of Liber AL.
III:62. To Me do ye reverence! to me come ye through tribulation of ordeal, which is bliss.

Speculation here:

A - Aleph - Ox. Little cattle?

V - Vav - Taurus the Bull. Big cattle?

R - Resh - Sun. The Child?

AVR(207) + SAD(65) = 272. KRBN.

Aeon418

Dead Osiris Re-Membered!

The following is suggestive more than anything else. But it does seem to fit in with the initiation theme. The aspirant begins his/her journey as the Dead Osiris who has lost his creative Phallus, the Will. Initiation is the process whereby he is Re-Membered.

Ye shall see that hour

Ye - Yod Heh (15) Atu XV The Devil - Ayin/Eye. (Opening through initiation?)

See - Heh (5), the letter of Sight.

Hour/AVR - Light (207)

Total = 227

227 - BRVKH, Barakah - Blessing (o blessèd Beast)

227 - ZKR, Male/Remember. (Osiris lost his "Member". Isis had Re-Member him to conceive Horus.

227 - Hoori (HVVRI), the secret name of Hoor as Lord of Initiation according to Crowley.

thou the Scarlet Concubine

Thou - ATh (401)

Scarlet Concubine - NPhSh, Nephesh(Isis?) (430)

Total = 831

831 - Aleph spelt in full with a Peh-final.

831 - Pyramid (Greek)

831 - Phallus (Greek)

Aeon418

Blessèd Beast

Bless the Ruach.

227 + 214 = 441

441 = AMTh - Truth.

This is the same word written on the head of the Golem of Jewish legend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem

But if you remove the Phallic letter Aleph it spells MTh - Dead.

Aeon418

Paul Foster Case on Atu XIII Death. Note how Case weaves together all the diverse correspondences that have been mentioned so far in this thread.
The last of the three paths that lead to Tiphareth is the path of Death, the path of the letter Nun. Observe that the name of that path DMIVNI = 120 = SMK, so that here is a Qabalistic hint that the path of Samekh and the path of Nun are essentially the same. This number 120 is said in the Bible to be the number of the years of a man, a symbolic way of saying that 120 signifies the full perfection of human life. And 120 is also the product of the multiplication of the numbers from 1 to 5 (1x2x3x4x5), which implies the perfect synthesis of all sensory activities in the sixth sense, superconsciousness. Again, the extension of the number XV, which is that of the Tarot Key corresponding to the 26th path [The Devil], is also 120, so that this path too, corresponds in a way to the same ideas. Finally, since, as we have just seen, 120 is the number which represents the extension of 15, it is also the secret number of the 15th path on the Tree of Life, and this 15th path is that of the letter Heh, the path of VISION, the path of the Emperor [The Star ;)], who is the symbol of that Creator concerning whom it is written in the Sepher Yetzirah that he who understands the mystery of the Ten Sephiroth resortes Him to His throne.

All this probably seems very involved. Let us boil it down. All these cross-correspondences point to different aspects of one thing, and that thing is the attainment of superconsciousness.

Always Wondering

All this probably seems very involved. Let us boil it down. All these cross-correspondences point to different aspects of one thing, and that thing is the attainment of superconsciousness.

Ah, English. :laugh: It's about the only thing I can wrap my head around this week.

It has been kind of fun though, to let the Gematria settle in without any brain power. I got a real feeling of dreaminess. This verse felt like a promise that eventually, I will wake up.

Funny, I was also reading about the Star/Emperor switch thread on this fourm this week. Which I have a inkling might be related to this verse somehow. In my own dream. :laugh:

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Funny, I was also reading about the Star/Emperor switch thread on this fourm this week. Which I have a inkling might be related to this verse somehow. In my own dream. :laugh:
Last time around someone else is supposed to have won Ordeal X for us, but in a vicarious way of course. So we worshiped the King (Emperor) who won Cosmic (Star) consciousness in our place. This time around it's our turn to be the King (Emperor) and go through Ordeal X to attain to Cosmic (Star) consciousness for ourselves.

Last time the Church that followed went out of it's way to make sure that the Nephesh symbol, Mary Magdalene, was portrayed as little more than a cheap prostitute. Only silly and trivial novelists, like Dan Brown, would suggest that she was really Bride and Mother. ;)