sun and moon - Four of Wands

jdev

Okay, I'll start off!

On this card I see a man and a woman on both sides of a wheel - effectively balancing it. It's not in motion! That's so contrary to what wands are about - motion. Movement. That's my first impression.

Going more deeply, we have a perfectly balanced wheel, stopped in motion because of the perfect balance of the man and woman. Yin and yang. Their outfits even match. A wheel is a circle - it could stand for things have come full circle and are now complete. Traditionally, man completes woman and vice versa. A circle is a sign or symbol completion, also of infinity. Never ending. So there's a little cog thrown in our wheel. But truly, the phrase "come full circle" is standing out in my head and that's what I think this card is about.

Pam, in what ways have you been seeing the card that confuse you or you don't understand? As in position in a spread, etc.

Attachments

• two and four of wands01.jpg
    two and four of wands01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 395

MsKrissy

I dont have any Thoth knowledge, but when I see this card I think of being grounded, teamwork. I also think of the scripture "how can two walk together unless they be agreed" these are just my humble opinions

Simple

For me, it's similar to wheel of fortune or death/rebirth. Four of wands is a completion of one thing, either work or relationship, something you have invested a lot of emotions and passion in it. New thing can be on the horizon but there's no clue about it (yet), just signify the end of something (more like neutral end, neither bad or good, just end).