Tarot Magic?

G.I.R.

Hello, I just thought I'd ask since I can't find any info on it.... What is "Tarot Magic"?

Cerulean

Did you mean the book?

Gareth Knight had the book "Treasure House of Images" that was retitled "Tarot Magic." I really think if he said "Tarot Visualization with Marseilles Decks" than people wouldn't be confused. The blurbs on the paperback are slightly irritating, as he is using modern meditative concepts on classic images.

Mari H.

TarotMuse

Excellent results

What is tarot magic? It's using tarot cards to cast magick spells.
I've been known to do this now and then and the results have been fast and excellent.
There are a number of books on the subject available but you're right about there not being much on the internet about the subject.

moggy

Tarot Muse, can you elaborate please

on Tarot Magic and how its worked for you? This is completely new to me...

scheherazade

I've found few sites that have good information on how to cast spells with the cards. Probably because it's not one of the foremost uses for Tarot. And since Tarot is not magic in the way that wiccans and other pagans may practice it, perhaps some taroists avoid using the cards for spells in order to avoid the stigma that magic sometimes tends to receive.

But one thing remains certain - just as it's best to create your own spells with your own incantations and use of magical ingredients, it's best to create your own spells with tarot. You might go to a site online with tarot spells - there's a few of them around - but it remains that those spells were custom made for the ones who created them, and therefore not the best that can be created for you.

As long as you have an understanding of the cards, then you have the capability to cast your own spells with them. If, for example, you would like to mend a broken relationship, you might take two cards - one representing yourself, the other representing your lover, and cross both cards with the Strength card. Lay the cards out on an altar, surround them with candles or incense, whatever is suitable to the spell that you are casting. I'm no expert on spell ingredients.

moggy

Thank you S, for the reply. I have heard of that method before although I didnt think ofit and now I have a better idea of what Tarot Magic is...

TarotMuse

elaboration

Moggy,
In what way do you wish me to elaborate? I suggest you start by doing a bit of reading on the subject of tarot magic. Tarot Spells by Janina Renee is a good starter book as if Donald Michael Craigs book Tarot and Magic.
I do agree with Stolen Child that the best tarot magic is one of your own design and yes, it does take a substantial understanding of tarot to do this. I studied tarot for many years before I started using it for magic.

zagone

Some fairly simple tarot magic involves using the card when trying to project energy to a person. So for example, with a sick friend you could concentrate on sending compassion and healing towards that person while holding and periodically looking at the Empress card, etc.

-- Zagone

tarotnovice

Tarot Magic, at the end of the day, is simply a visual way of elaborating an magical intent I feel. It's very effective.