Six of Wands in a Relationship

exmuse

I keep on getting Six of Wand in the position of my relationship with a love interest. Why? What am I not understanding? I know the card is suppose to represent victory or accolades expressed for someone's accomplishments. But what does it have to do with two people in relationship to one another?

- Does it mean that one of us is resting on their laurels? (and I know who that would be)
- Would it represent complanceny, arrogance, smugness?
- Someone resting on their high horse?
- Or does it represent success for the relationship?

I find it hard to interpret because the focus of the card is on one person. I can't help think it represents self centeredness and self satisfaction. It's not necessarily how I see our relationship because I see it as a positive thing. I just don't get a positive vibe with this card. The figure in the card is facing away as if indifferent or oblivious.

starrystarrynight

Well, if you look at the image on the RWS card, you see one person riding into town in victorious glory and a throng of people below him hailing him and cheering him on (sort of worshipping the ground he walks on.) You simply have to determine which represents you and which represents him. I suspect you know which is which.

PAMUYA

Sometimes the Six of Wands indicates a successful friendship or a romantic relationship. The Wand suit tends to focus on morality more than emotion, so this may tend to be more of a physcial relationship. It is a sign to relax and enjoy. But under no circumstances is it a time to rest on your laurals. The most important work still lies ahead. This is a reminder that you are on the right track, but that there is still a long way to go, the relationship still needs work and growth, it needs an emotional connection.

exmuse

Thanks for the interpretations ssn and pamaya. Either or both could be valid. I'm not sure.

pasara

I don't see 6 of Wands as complacency or smugness at all. I see it as a moment when one's accomplishments are being acknowledged and affirmed. 6's involve harmony, with little stress (coming after 5, when some type of testing has occurred.) Repeatedly showing up in relationship readings would tell me that there is at least one party in this relationship that feels s/he has it made, that he's landed the girl (or she's landed the guy.) Perhaps it did not come easy at first. He/she might have been hoping for something to happen between the them for a while, and finally things clicked. Maybe one of them used to think of the other as "out of his/her league" and happily discovered that was not the case. I would be more likely to see this card in newer relationships where things are just developing than in longer-standing relationships.

Amanda

It could represent a conquest or sexual advance being accepted or well-received.

SA12

It could represent a conquest or sexual advance being accepted or well-received.

Yes! Recently there was another thread on here with someone asking if the 6 of Wands could represent a kiss and Thirteen was like 'no it's more than a kiss -- it's going all the way!' :D Might be worth searching for that thread and taking a look...

kglyphics

Yes! Recently there was another thread on here with someone asking if the 6 of Wands could represent a kiss and Thirteen was like 'no it's more than a kiss -- it's going all the way!' :D Might be worth searching for that thread and taking a look...

That thread was started by me :D

anyway, in my experience, six/wands in a relationship spread (depending on the situation) usually means admiration, which could turn into love. It depends on the situation though. I've had it come up when my friends were jealous of me because the guy came to me instead of them. But it was, again, out of admiration which turned into a platonic bond. Surrounding cards would determine whether this admiration would turn into something more.

smerlinda

from the description of the card you are using a RW deck - this deck has simple meaning for the card and it is based on asort of cartomancy reading system the picture in the cards shows the basic meaning -
in the specific the 6 of wands reports that your effort are victorious and that you get a reward because of your effort - the wand suit suggest also a positive attitude towards the problem and ability to resolve it -
I would read this card as like you have overcome problems or are going into the best part of the relationship that maybe had a low profile start -
if you are reading for yourself maybe you dont want to admit that the relationship is something that you have worked out and then you should tell us what was the card of your partner -
by the way it is true that (like the 4 of wands) the six of wands (thus cards of wands suit) is positive about sex -

exmuse

Sorry for the late post. Thanks for everyone who's posted thus far.

Well, if you look at the image on the RWS card, you see one person riding into town in victorious glory and a throng of people below him hailing him and cheering him on (sort of worshipping the ground he walks on.) You simply have to determine which represents you and which represents him. I suspect you know which is which.

It could go either way. We both have much respect and admiration for each other but I don't believe it's in a worshipping (YOU ARE GOD!) kind of way. We're well aware that neither one is perfect.

I don't see 6 of Wands as complacency or smugness at all.

I was off on that interpretation, I think.

Repeatedly showing up in relationship readings would tell me that there is at least one party in this relationship that feels s/he has it made, that he's landed the girl (or she's landed the guy.) Perhaps it did not come easy at first. He/she might have been hoping for something to happen between the them for a while, and finally things clicked. Maybe one of them used to think of the other as "out of his/her league" and happily discovered that was not the case.

Just to make clear: this is a platonic relationship at this juncture although we've known each other a while. There was a point in which, due to circumstances, we were going to go our seperate ways permenently. Things turned out differently and we now see each other again. So maybe he's happy that we've *reunited* in a sense. Maybe he thinks there's still a chance for us. idk.

Not in this case. I don't entirely trust him. It may be that he views me as a sexual conquest. *He* *thinks* it would be well received. Perception and reality, however, are often different.

Yeah, well. The attraction between us is *intense* and off the charts. He has said so himself. The potential is there. I get a lot of Wands in readings with him: the Ace, the Knight, the King, the Eight. But I'm not sure why 6 of Wands (as opposed to any other Wand) would mean taking it there? Only in the sense of sexual conquest and I'm too old and wise to go there...

I get a bit confused with the Wands. Their strong association with sex and sensuality seem to give them a single dimensionality. It seems whenever I read an interpretation of a Wand, I hear "in other words, the guy is just trying to get down your pants." How does a reader or querent reconcile the fact that relationships of love often include sex and visa versa? Cups mean love? And wands mean one night stands or short flights of fancy?

anyway, in my experience, six/wands in a relationship spread (depending on the situation) usually means admiration, which could turn into love.

I think admiration is possible. Although he's not overt with his sentiments, sometimes he has said something like "you're pretty amazing" and "when the going gets tough, the tough get going" referring to some challenges I've gone through and have conquered. It's good to hear this interpretation because if nothing else, I realize, he has respect for me. Love is entirely another issue.

the 6 of wands reports that your effort are victorious and that you get a reward because of your effort - the wand suit suggest also a positive attitude towards the problem and ability to resolve it

There are some issues in the relationship to overcome. Unfortunately, I don't see the "Victory" sign as part of the scenario, at least for a while. Thanks, tho.