The Faeries' Oracle (Froud)

faunabay

I'm all for the study group, but there really aren't that many exercises. What do you all plan to do really????
I'll talk about the faeries for ever though LOL so just tell me what to do. :)
Hey maybe we can go through this exercise of your favorite, least fav, etc then just everyone draw a card a week and talk about the card they drew and get other's opinions too. What do you think about that?

Jewel

We could also include some of the exercises that Thirteen posted in the Basics Forum, like making up the stories with the 3 cards, etc. We can also explore the various Faery Spreads in the back of the book ... just thoughts! This is going to be so fun.

Summerdream

Hi! I like everyone's ideas!

I think going over the individual cards in depth is a good idea and like mentioned maybe each choosing one card a week to go over in detail with the other members feedback too. Sounds good.

mooncat2

Me too, please

Hi Everyone,

Would love to be a part of this group - my cards just arrived this morning so this seems meant to be. Spent a little time with them - aren't they stunning and came up with these three. My favourite - the faery who was kissed by the pixies, least favourite - the soul shrinker, and the third the dark lady.

Looking forward to getting started

rostie

it's just to say: tomorow i recieve the deck (after more than a month, terrible that waiting).

oooooh, i'm so happy!!!!

so i can jump into your excercices and would be very gratefull if i would may enjoy your study group?!

rostie

i've did the exercices yesterday: my favourite is Laiste, Moon's Daughter; my least favourite is the Dark Lady and my univers card is Luathas the Wild.
they are wonderfull, aren't they, just so real.

Scorpion

Count me in! I need to sit down with this deck properly instead of just staring at it lovestruck!

It might also give me the kick start to get on with the other study groups I want to do - like Shapeshifter - and catch up with Cosmic Tribe.

So many decks, so little time!

Rhiannon

faerie oracle

Should be receiving this deck soon. Yes, waiting is terrible. I'll jump in with you guys when I catch up. Thanks!

Rhiannon :)

Rhiannon

First 2 excercises

Well, It's finally here! The waiting was awful, but now that I have it, it was definitely worth the wait!

My two "Power Cards" are:
Favorite: Himself, Least Favorite: the Bodacious Bodach (yes, I did the excercise without looking up the definition in the back of the book first. And yes, my interpretations were pretty close.)

My "Universe" card was the Sage and my interpretation of that one was dead on, baby! :D He was almost my first choice for favorite, too.

I'll be moving on to a 3 card spread, probably Past, Present and Potential soon. I'll post those results here as well.

Thanks for starting this! Gives me motivation!
Rhiannon :)

Jimilyn

I just got The Faeries Oracle a few weeks ago and haven't made the time to begin working with it. I have been fascinated by faeries ever since I was young. My dad has a copy of Good Faeries, Bad Faeries, and I used to spend hours pouring over the pictures in that book and reading. However, life got busier and busier, and I drifted away from reading and learning about the faeries. I have two faery oracles...Froud's The Faeries Oracle and Healing with the Faeries (by Doreen Virtue).

I think this will be a good opportunity to renew my contact with the faeries and learn how to use this beautiful deck.

My Favorite Card - The Faery Godmother (but I almost chose The Singer of Transformation). I almost never decided upon which one to use.

My Least Favorite Card - The Soul Shrinker

Message from the Universe Card - The Lady of the Harvest (another card I was considering as a favorite...I must have been drawn to it as a favorite because it was my message from the universe).

I loved doing these exercises and am looking forward to sharing this deck with all of you.

Jimilyn